PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Certain letters on physical keyboard REPEAT REPEAT...

Since upgraging my Mogul to the new ROM, some letters, with the letter "i" being the worst offender, are frequently entered 2, 3, or even 4 times when I press the letter on the physical keyboard. A few others sometimes repeat as well, even the "Fn" key, which locks me in to Fn mode when I only wanted a single Fn character. It never did this before the upgrade. Has this happened to anyone else? Solutions?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:40 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: Certain letters on physical keyboard REPEAT REPEAT...

This happened to me the other day. I didn't really do anything special (as far as I know), but the "E" repeated like crazy. Never happened before, or since.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Man I've been havin this problem really bad since i started using various new gps enabled roms. I've been really lookin forward to getting online to hopefully find a fix. But it looks like only a couple of us are experiencing this problem. Here is an interesting fact I can share with you all. I know 2 other people that are on alltel and have the ppc6800 just like me. Both of them are on the stock official rom and have not installed any programs. Both of them are having keyboard problems that are very slowly getting worse and worse. A certain key will require a harder then usual press to get it to work. Eventually it has to be pressed super hard. Then it starts happening to another random key on the keyboard. They have not had the repeat problem. I have the same problem as them and I have the repeat problem. It's so bad that i think i'm just gonna go back to the official alltel rom and see if that fixes it. I'd hate to because I sure do love the gps. Hope someone can help with this probelm. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

juxtacation@hotmail.com is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to juxtacation@hotmail.com

Have the same problem here....I just though it was me because I text like crazy. My repeating buttons come along with the added fun of sometimes not registering when pressed These two things together mean that using the physical keyboard results in having completely random things appearing on my screen...

My fix was just getting the touchpal keyboard for my screen keyboard. Screen may be smaller when I'm typing, but at least I know what I will get on the other end.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

Viggee is a n00b

Same here..

The "." character repeats twice everytime when I type an url in the PIE/Netfront browser.

Also the Fn gets into lock mode even when pressed once.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work

I noticed that as well. Wondered why it did it, but didn't pay too much attention to it. I just go back & delete.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

ive seen this happen alot...i think its the rom try reflashing to a different and this should fix your problem
Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

A quick search in the forums found this thread...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...eyboard+repeat
Old 04-16-2008, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

I installed the HTC Titan KeyFix.cab file found at this link and no more repeats. THANK YOU GUYS so much. That was driving me nuts. I still have the old keyboard problem with one or 2 of my keys you have to press twice as hard as the other to work. I think that is a hardware problem cause I know a few people on alltel official stock rom that have that same problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

Cumulus is a n00b

Slightly off topic....I had a Sammy IP-830w and I would type the h key one time. I would make sure the bastard's hardware clicked one time.... one time and only one time. And Windows Mobile would type hh every time. no matter if it was part of a word, the end of a word, the beginning of a word. And sometimes when the memory was low, the second h that appeared on the screen would appear to lag behind the first h by about 1/4 second. So it could be the ROM...not the hardware. As for having to abuse the keyboard to make a key press, I haven't had to... and I've never had any keyboard problems with the Titan or the Apache. (Work gave us "brand new phones" in January and it was the Apache rofl... I had used it in August 06) ...Granted I get pissed at the Apache because there's no Fn lock LED, and the alternate functions of the keys don't light, but oh well. Enough rambling, back to the topic.

Sprint:
HTC Apache -> Palm Treo 700wx -> Samsung IP-830w (named it "Sammy") -> HTC Titan -> HTC Raphael.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan