PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-titan/)
-   -   SPB Mobile Shell (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-titan/24213-spb-mobile-shell.html)

CyberMonkey 04-16-2008 10:24 AM

SPB Mobile Shell

How well do some of you know about SPB Mobile Shell?
I am wondering if it's possible to have my TODAY SCREEN theme background display as a background in Mobile Shell, instead of a solid color.

Nickles 04-16-2008 11:03 AM

Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 251535)
How well do some of you know about SPB Mobile Shell?
I am wondering if it's possible to have my TODAY SCREEN theme background display as a background in Mobile Shell, instead of a solid color.

just point your 'background image' to the file on your device.
today_'use this picture as the background', and browse for the file.
provided of course, you have your themed background saved also as a JPP file.....

CyberMonkey 04-16-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 251596)
just point your 'background image' to the file on your device.
today_'use this picture as the background', and browse for the file.
provided of course, you have your themed background saved also as a JPP file.....

So in order to have the background pic be displayed in Mobile Shell, I will have to use the "use background" option in the today screen options, even if it's the same pic as the theme?

I got this as my theme:
http://comics.erichss.com/PPC/screen...chelWtheme.jpg

And I want that pic to be displayed within the Mobile Shell instead of just a blank green.

And since I actually have that same pic saved on my phone, I can override the theme background with the "use this pic as background" and it will show up as the background in Mobile Shell?

Nickles 04-16-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 251611)
So in order to have the background pic be displayed in Mobile Shell, I will have to use the "use background" option in the today screen options, even if it's the same pic as the theme?

I got this as my theme:

And I want that pic to be displayed within the Mobile Shell instead of just a blank green.

And since I actually have that same pic saved on my phone, I can override the theme background with the "use this pic as background" and it will show up as the background in Mobile Shell?

you are losing me a little here. mobile shell is just a plug in that will give you laucher icons on your today screen.. there isn't a separate interface for Shell, vs. the today... so if you already have this theme installed, where else do you expect the picture to display ? isn't it already on your today screen ?

Lsme420 04-16-2008 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hide from all SPB products like the plague.
*Edit* Even if you didn't ask,Ha. Cyber I see your using iContacts. Try this instead I just did the switch and like it much better.

CyberMonkey 04-16-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 251652)
you are losing me a little here. mobile shell is just a plug in that will give you laucher icons on your today screen.. there isn't a separate interface for Shell, vs. the today... so if you already have this theme installed, where else do you expect the picture to display ? isn't it already on your today screen ?

Mobile Shell is an interface, but it does have a today screen plugin in (which I don't use).
The mobile shell interface does not have any pics as a background, it a solid color. Below is an image from the Mobile Shell interface.
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...nshots/101.png

Nickles 04-16-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 251662)
Mobile Shell is an interface, but it does have a today screen plugin in (which I don't use).
The mobile shell interface does not have any pics as a background, it a solid color. Below is an image from the Mobile Shell interface.

got it... from the NOW screen and such.
no , you can't change those backgrounds, that i have found anyway.
spend some time in the Mobile shell forum, maybe someone has found a way.
forum here.

CyberMonkey 04-16-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsme420 (Post 251661)
I hide from all SPB products like the plague.
*Edit* Cyber I see your using iContacts. Try this instead.

DOes it have scrolling? I like that about iContact.
I will deffinately try it though, I like trying new things on my mogul.

CyberMonkey 04-16-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 251673)
got it... from the NOW screen and such.
no , you can't change those backgrounds, that i have found anyway.
spend some time in the Mobile shell forum, maybe someone has found a way.
forum here.

Yea, I tried that forum site first before posting the question here, but guess what, it's blocked here at work. There are ALOT of sites that are blocked where I work at.

Lsme420 04-16-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 251675)
DOes it have scrolling? I like that about iContact.
I will deffinately try it though, I like trying new things on my mogul.

Ya finger scrolling and its much nicer. Let me know what you think.