PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

resq-comm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul, some questions from a noob

hi everyone,
i have just recently purchased the Mogul. it is the most current ROM with REV A. here are my questions....

first, i have been told that i can use the phone through Wi-Fi and off the Sprint network. if this is the case how can i do this?

second, i asked sprint how to attach a photo to a text message without having to link to an outside webpage. the tech support rep from sprint told me that her husband has the mogul and acquired the correct software from this site.

i have looked through the mogul / titan threads but have absoutely no idea what i am looking for.

any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Adam
Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19
Re: Mogul, some questions from a noob

turn on the wifi switch on the side of the phone...
dunno abou the text though, i beleive you have to have data to send a mms message
Old 04-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

IF you have a data plan you can either use
sMMS
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=Smms

or NueMMS
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=Smms

Thats only if you have a data plan though. Hope that helps.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Threadstarter

resq-comm is a n00b

ok, i know how to use the wi-fi portion of the phone, for web browsing and email. i was referring to the use of the wi-fi to make the phone a VoIP handset if you will. i know that the Blackberry Curve will do this, and i was told that the mogul will also work like this. here is my issue: i am involved in disaster response. we have a phone system that uses satellite to connect to the outside world through a secure internet connection, basically VoIP and internet through satellite. we have a secure wireless network network that we setup. there are a few users of the BB Curve and they are able to connect and use their handsets with their existing numbers. i was told that the mogul can do this as well i just can't figure out how.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by resq-comm View Post
ok, i know how to use the wi-fi portion of the phone, for web browsing and email. i was referring to the use of the wi-fi to make the phone a VoIP handset if you will. i know that the Blackberry Curve will do this, and i was told that the mogul will also work like this. here is my issue: i am involved in disaster response. we have a phone system that uses satellite to connect to the outside world through a secure internet connection, basically VoIP and internet through satellite. we have a secure wireless network network that we setup. there are a few users of the BB Curve and they are able to connect and use their handsets with their existing numbers. i was told that the mogul can do this as well i just can't figure out how.
I don't have all the answers for you, but i know you can install skype on the mogul.. the most current version doesn't work, but one of the older ones will... If you use a VOIP client besides skype, you're going to have to trial and error it... Mogul does not have a VOIP client built into it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan