PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HELP: Crawling Slow Mogul --> Clear Storage, Now Mogul Takes FOREVER to Find Signal (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24142)

mjreddy1234 04-15-2008 12:53 PM

HELP: Crawling Slow Mogul --> Clear Storage, Now Mogul Takes FOREVER to Find Signal

Hi guys,
Im new to the forums here, just got a couple (me and my dad) Moguls last week and am already having some problems. When I got my mogul I installed Grumps Iphone clone, S2U2, Cody's SMS, Google MAPS, and WMWiFiRouter. Everything was great for a while... Somewhere along the way I uninstalled Grumps Iphone and S2U2, I don't know if my problems started then or what, but the phone began acting really buggy. It was very slow to respond to commands (but memory utilization was still less the 65%). Sometimes if I received a call, the phone would be so slow to wake up and allow me to answer that I would miss the call, but the incoming call dialog would stay open for a couple minutes afterwards - EVERYTHING responded slowly. A soft reset would fix this for a while (minutes to hours) but I found myself soft resetting upwards of ten times a day. Finally I decided to run the "Clear Storage" option within the the Settings group. After doing this the phone is back to baseline response times (for now) but it takes upwards of 1-2 minutes to find and connect to the sprint network after a restart/soft reset. I noticed that this exact same thing is happening with my dad's phone which I had also performed a clear storage on (for other reasons). This is very annoying. During the clear storage when the Sprint Customizations were being installed, the phone was connected to the network but then disconnected with the phone said it was installing PPST (this same thing happened on my dad's). I've called Sprint Tech a couple times but they don't seem to have a clue. Hopefully someone here knows what's going on. BTW, my phone came installed with the newest ROM.
Oh, also I have noticed that since doing the Clear Storage the lights on the keyboard that show whether "Cap" or "Fn" is selected are no longer working either. THanks!

P.S. As an aside, before doing the clear storage, I used PPCPimBackup to backup my texts. Upon tryng to restore I realize that it didn't work. I was and am using Cody's Threaded Text App --> where are these texts stored and how do you back them up?

derick_2002 04-15-2008 01:25 PM

Re: HELP: Crawling Slow Mogul --> Clear Storage, Now Mogul Takes FOREVER to Find Sign

What type of ROM are you running on he phone?

InvincibleLiving 04-15-2008 01:41 PM

Re: HELP: Crawling Slow Mogul --> Clear Storage, Now Mogul Takes FOREVER to Find Sign

One thing that may help is updating your PRL... simply do a search for it and you'll find a few threads that will walk you thru in detail.

Spencer_Moore 04-15-2008 01:48 PM

there backedup in a file called palmmsgv100 something along those lines i think in the windows folder....i think doing a hard reset will prabably put ur phone back to normal

mjreddy1234 04-15-2008 03:22 PM

I tried the hard reset... basically does the same thing still. The weird thing is before doing clear storage, the phone would boot up, show the home screen and be connected to the network within a few seconds. Now, it literally takes minutes, up to five this last time... I really don't get it, I will try the PRL update but as far as I know clear storage/hard reset should not do anything to the PRL, right?

justpctech 04-15-2008 03:25 PM

no hard reset shouldnt affect the PRL at all. have you ran IOTA after resetting to reprovision data services? mine did that once, it eventually worked itself out- not sure what caused it or what fixed it.

mjreddy1234 04-15-2008 04:19 PM

I just updated the PRL and still no luck, I'll try the IOTA and then soft reset and see if that changes anything....

mjreddy1234 04-15-2008 05:39 PM

Well, I just installed No2Chem's ROM and this damn thing STILL takes forever to connect to a network. It's not that it even connects to roaming first and then Sprint, it takes minutes to connect, finally hops on a 1XRTT network and then joins the EVDO network, damn this thing...

justpctech 04-15-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjreddy1234 (Post 250907)
Well, I just installed No2Chem's ROM and this damn thing STILL takes forever to connect to a network. It's not that it even connects to roaming first and then Sprint, it takes minutes to connect, finally hops on a 1XRTT network and then joins the EVDO network, damn this thing...

ok, give this a shot then. Dial ##3282# (##DATA#) then enter your MSL code. (hopefully you have that) on the User Name tab, click Menu on bottom right, then restore. sometimes that will fix issues like you are having.
if you dont have your MSL, download the GetSPC.zip off my webserver with link below and run it.
GetSPC zip

tiermann 04-15-2008 06:24 PM

Same thing happend for me on verizon last week. Must have just been their server because nothing changed on my end. Was happening on both apache and titan.