PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

sliverr7x is keeping up the good worksliverr7x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Switching time zone

I will have to try that out nmhusa thanks..
Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
Possibly this one....
CityTime for Pocket PC version 2.8.4

http://www.codecity.net/prodctppc.htm
Quote "The 'Location' feature allows you to automatically and accurately adjust your Pocket PC's location and timezone when traveling. Fully automatic daylight savings time means remote city times are always correct. Onscreen DST indicators allow you to see at a glance any cities which are currently in daylight savings time."

I have not tried this, but will give it a go when I next travel to see if the auto change timezone feature works as advertised.

If you find this helpful when travelling please let me know and click "Thanks"
Doesn't work. There is nothing automatic about it. You still have to launch the program, select the right tab, manually input your new city and then press the sync button. Only then will it "automatically" set your device to the correct time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
If you use the visiting timezone it will accurately maintain your appointments.
No, when you click on visiting time zone it automatically changes all of the appointment times to what the equivalent would be at the destination based on the time zone I was in when I made the appointment. i.e. If I am in Pacific time (GMT-6) and I have a meeting on the east coast (GMT-3) at 9am. I create the appointment time in outlook for 9am, sync my phone. I then fly to the east coast and select visiting EST (GMT-3) then my phone changes all of the appointments times by + three hours so my actual appointment time of 9am now says 12pm.... Outlook is trying to be smart and say that I was meaning that my appointment was at 9am PST which would equate to 12pm EST... NO, who in their right mind sets appointments that way? Outlook 2007 is a little better by allowing you to select the time zone the appointment is for which is fine if it is a phone appointment but for those that travel it is not as convenient to have to figure out the time zone your destination is for each and every appointment place. Not convenient at all if say you were flying to Africa and had multiple stops you had imported your itinerary into outlook for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan