PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
overtaken by the Touch forum...

I can't help noticing that the last day or so, the Touch forum has had more users logged on than the Mogul forum. (historically, the Mogul forum has always been higher) But perhaps the tide is switching.

I checked it out and looks like they finally got the "GPS/REV a" upgrade... albeit through an Alltell ROM upgrade and a few GPS cab installations..

And they also got the "PPCGeeks kitchen" almost at the same time!... Exciting times over there. Congrats!

Reminds me of those crazy days of the "leaked Mogul GPS ROM" followed by the Official GPS/REVa Rom and then the Kitchen in this forum. It seems like things have settled down a bit over here.

(incidentally, this is NOT a which one is better thread! Both have their merits!)
Old 04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera
Re: overtaken by the Touch forum...

Converts Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDMA Vogue in a GSM white housing? Yep I did it!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=white+case
Old 04-25-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post
So you are converting over to the Mogul from the Touch... lol..=D>

Great! glad to have you! lol

In all seriousness, I think it's awesome that the Touch users are finally getting a taste of the GPS/Rev A experience that Mogul users are so used to.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

yeah, i've noticed that too but it'll all die down some time

Old 04-25-2008, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post

YEZZIR!!!! On the up and up!!

Yeah its great that were finally getting this. Ive seen those 2 main threads on this topic grow like their on roids or somin..

You know 8 out of every 10 posts are n00bs saying "how do i do this"

Once these GPS roms are perfected, the turf war over MOGUL VS TOUCH will be on again, and ill be knee deep in it!!!

Brera, watch how the CONVERTZ click grows......

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
YEZZIR!!!! On the up and up!!

You know 8 out of every 10 posts are n00bs saying "how do i do this"

Yeah, same thing happened in this forum. But it's nice that things have settled down, the Kitchen/Custom Roms are very stable...

Touch forum will probably be really jammed for a while now that GPS is out.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I checked it out and looks like they finally got the "GPS/REV a" upgrade...
I like the touch but the lack of Wifi and keyboard make me think it twice to switch... Ill wait for the treo 800w coming soon. I wonder if there is going to be custom ROMS for the Treo....ever? lol
Old 04-25-2008, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
I like the touch but the lack of Wifi and keyboard make me think it twice to switch... Ill wait for the treo 800w coming soon. I wonder if there is going to be custom ROMS for the Treo....ever? lol
yeah, I think everyone knows the differences (pros and cons)

But now everyone has a choice...

(and before anyone who says either phone stinks... that is just totally ignorant.)
Old 04-25-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

MrTek is keeping up the good workMrTek is keeping up the good work

I just got the 6800 and am within my 30 days to decide if I want to keep it or switch to the Touch...

I love the 6800, with the only exception being the paltry memory. I find myself using the onscreen keyboard more than the slide out keyboard which is surprising to me. Yet, when I do need to belt out a long email or do alot of texting you just can't beat having a full keyboard!

If the touch had wifi I may have given it more thought now that it has GPS/RevA.

Maybe the mogul will get a 3rd party memory upgrade for some $

The Raphael seems the best of both worlds if it does indeed have at least 128mb of ram, and the same built in GPS.

How much is the touchflo screen different on the Touch compared to the Mogul? Is it dramatically more useable?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTek View Post
I just got the 6800 and am within my 30 days to decide if I want to keep it or switch to the Touch...

I love the 6800, with the only exception being the paltry memory. I find myself using the onscreen keyboard more than the slide out keyboard which is surprising to me. Yet, when I do need to belt out a long email or do alot of texting you just can't beat having a full keyboard!

If the touch had wifi I may have given it more thought now that it has GPS/RevA.

Maybe the mogul will get a 3rd party memory upgrade for some $

The Raphael seems the best of both worlds if it does indeed have at least 128mb of ram, and the same built in GPS.

How much is the touchflo screen different on the Touch compared to the Mogul? Is it dramatically more useable?
Check out the "Phone Comparison" forum. There are a ton of threads on the exact same topic.

As for Raphael, I wouldn't hold your breath for the new HTC phones coming out from Sprint. My guess it'll be late fall, early winter before we see anything.... unless of course you can wait that long...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan