PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Picture Mail-Sprint Rico

Take a look at what I found http://www.rcrnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...8/1019/allnews May help to understand. Seems others higher up are looking into picture mail and other services.
Mod please feel free to post this in another forum if it needs to be.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Re: Picture Mail-Sprint Rico

Kind of a different picmail problem than what we've got... Their complaints are billing related.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pokey006 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Kind of a different picmail problem than what we've got... Their complaints are billing related.
Same thing, you are being charged for something they say doesn't work on our phones in the first place.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

I have never been charged extra for picture mail in all my years with Sprint.....
Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey006 View Post
Same thing, you are being charged for something they say doesn't work on our phones in the first place.
No, it's not the same thing.

This issue stems from people paying $5 dollars a month for picture mail access, then paying per kilobyte to upload/download the pictures.

You can still send and receive picture mail on the mogul, you just have to use an email to send (or smms, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
I have never been charged extra for picture mail in all my years with Sprint.....
If you have vision, picture mail is included. This is for people who don't have a vision plan, then try to send or receive a picture. It says you have to pay 5 dollars a month to access picture mail. Then it charges you per kilobyte to upload or download.

Last edited by chappy; 04-14-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey006 View Post
No it's not, because ours is feature related... our phones don't offer the feature.

The claim we'd have to make in a class action suit is that the phone is actually CRIPPLED by sprint to prevent us from sending text messages, which is ultimately true, but a completely different issue than the lawsuit mentioned above.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
If you have vision, picture mail is included. This is for people who don't have a vision plan, then try to send or receive a picture. It says you have to pay 5 dollars a month to access picture mail. Then it charges you per kilobyte to upload or download.
yea, I have always had a vision plan, I use the web on the phone too much not to have one. And now that I have the everything unlimited plan, that's just the best plan for me.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
No it's not, because ours is feature related... our phones don't offer the feature.

The claim we'd have to make in a class action suit is that the phone is actually CRIPPLED by sprint to prevent us from sending text messages, which is ultimately true, but a completely different issue than the lawsuit mentioned above.
Wrong again. The arcsoft program was an unlicensed piece of software, and as such, had to be blocked.

You can still send texts just fine. There's a grip of information about this on this very forum as to why MMS actually doesnt work on the Sprint Mogul, if you could be bothered to search.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

I simply used the list that somebody had posted here with the e-mail address formats for the various different carriers. I then sent a txt to all the people I even send pics to phones, and asked what carrier they used, and added that particular e-mail address for their phone pic recieving (for lack of better term) to there contact since you can have (I think 3) e-mail address for each contact and I don't know too many people that have more than 2 active e-mail address.
Sure it was some work to begin with, but that's my work around for the time being.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan