PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Refurbished

Manthony:

Since I saw from your other posts that you are relatively young, let me give you a little advice that is a bit different from what some others here have said. Your best option is to go to an official Sprint Repair Center and calmly explain what happened, and that you are not satisfied with the replacement phone, and would like it replaced again. Also explain that if they do not have one in stock that you would like to keep this one until the replacement comes in so that you will at least have something to use; even though it is difficult to use because of the speaker, it is better than nothing.

You will get much better cooperation from the Sprint employees, as is true in any interaction you will have with other people, if you treat them with respect and calmly but clearly tell them what the problem is and what resolution you would like. Going in with loud demands will elicit the same reaction from them as it probably would from you, and most other people, in the same situation; they will become defensive and look for any way to "win" the battle you started.

As to refurbished phones as replacements: the phone that you had was not "brand new", it had been used also (by you). Devices that are received by the consumer as brand new obviously can develop problems as do refurbished devices. When I worked in retail (electronic specialty item but not phones), we considered the quality control of refurbished items to be greater than that of new ones, as the refurbished ones were actually individually tested by the techs; new ones were just assembled and packaged without individual testing.

The "three a year" replacement a previous poster referred to does not apply to defective phone replacements; there is only a limitation on how many times a phone will be replaced under the optional insurance coverage which applies to lost, stolen, or water damaged or physically damaged phones.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks for clarifying the 3 a year thing.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
Manthony:

Since I saw from your other posts that you are relatively young, let me give you a little advice that is a bit different from what some others here have said. Your best option is to go to an official Sprint Repair Center and calmly explain what happened, and that you are not satisfied with the replacement phone, and would like it replaced again. Also explain that if they do not have one in stock that you would like to keep this one until the replacement comes in so that you will at least have something to use; even though it is difficult to use because of the speaker, it is better than nothing.

You will get much better cooperation from the Sprint employees, as is true in any interaction you will have with other people, if you treat them with respect and calmly but clearly tell them what the problem is and what resolution you would like. Going in with loud demands will elicit the same reaction from them as it probably would from you, and most other people, in the same situation; they will become defensive and look for any way to "win" the battle you started.

As to refurbished phones as replacements: the phone that you had was not "brand new", it had been used also (by you). Devices that are received by the consumer as brand new obviously can develop problems as do refurbished devices. When I worked in retail (electronic specialty item but not phones), we considered the quality control of refurbished items to be greater than that of new ones, as the refurbished ones were actually individually tested by the techs; new ones were just assembled and packaged without individual testing.

The "three a year" replacement a previous poster referred to does not apply to defective phone replacements; there is only a limitation on how many times a phone will be replaced under the optional insurance coverage which applies to lost, stolen, or water damaged or physically damaged phones.
Quoted for truth. As a Sprint tech, you are going to have a hard time getting very far with me by raising your voice and demanding. The backorder does suck right now, but is thankfully on its way to being resolved and stores should be getting some stock soon, if not already. Yes, a lot of times you get stuck with a recon, but I'd argue that we see very FEW problems with 6800 reconditioned phones. In fact, I just see very little 6800 exchange-worthy problems as it is. I consider it one the best phones in Sprint's lineup.... I am sure I am preaching to the choir here.

That being said, you could probably work your way into a new phone by being polite and kind. If a recon is all you can get, don't make a big fuss, politely take it. If it ends up having problems, rinse and repeat. Eventually, you will talk to the right person and they will make it right.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Threadstarter

manthony6567 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Quoted for truth. As a Sprint tech, you are going to have a hard time getting very far with me by raising your voice and demanding. The backorder does suck right now, but is thankfully on its way to being resolved and stores should be getting some stock soon, if not already. Yes, a lot of times you get stuck with a recon, but I'd argue that we see very FEW problems with 6800 reconditioned phones. In fact, I just see very little 6800 exchange-worthy problems as it is. I consider it one the best phones in Sprint's lineup.... I am sure I am preaching to the choir here.

That being said, you could probably work your way into a new phone by being polite and kind. If a recon is all you can get, don't make a big fuss, politely take it. If it ends up having problems, rinse and repeat. Eventually, you will talk to the right person and they will make it right.
yea i know yelling and crying about stuff is not my style when i went to get my 1st phone fixed i didnt complain all i sead was look this phone is giving me problems and i explained to them they sead alright we have to send you a new 1 so i was ok no problem but imma go again hopin they will give me a new phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan