PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW Changes plans - Unlimited Web/Email - $29.99 month

So they've finally decided to hop on board of what Sprint's already been doin'? Good goin' VZW. Now let's see how long it lasts.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

I would ditch VZW except for one problem, i live in brooklyn and i had sprint ~4 years ago. I used to roam in a large area of brooklyn, and it was near manhattan. So I called sprint and they told me to turn off roaming, but then i cant use my phone at all i told them. they said yes, but you wont be roaming. Next day i sent to Verizon, never had a dropped call or dead area or roaming issue since. My father in DC used to get tons of dead zones in DC up to Baltimore, he used to ask me how often i get dropped calls, well never I told him. Now he is with VZW and hasnt had problems since. Yea, the phones are behind. The prices stink. But the service, cant beat it.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So now they are only twice what Sprint charges? Nice move VZW! I don't even have SERO (started as a Sprint customer in 2003 before I knew about it) and the standard unlimited data package is $15/month. With WMWiFi I get wireless access for my laptop as well.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Well I switched yesterday, they tried to give me some crap about 'only for new customers', I said so can I get it or do I have to cancel my data plan... He set me up. so far mail2web bush is working, I don't believe there is any difference.

Last edited by nuguy; 04-16-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My TOTAL bill is $30 which includes unlimited data, unlimited texts, as well as 500 anytime minutes, unlimited n/w, unlimited m2m, and free roaming. But I suppose if you think Verizon is that much better, it would be worth the extra $$...
Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch

geno_here is a n00b
Question Re: VZW Changes plans - Unlimited Web/Email - $29.99 month

What is a "real world" speed of the data connection on both VZW and Sprint?
I don't currently have a data plan, but thinking about it.

TIA!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900

vthokie96 is a n00b

So my question is this.....

With this unlimited data plan $29.99 nuguy you were able to get Exchange email using ActiveSync with this plan and not getting charged extra ?

Hopefully they don't just let you do it....then charge for all the Exchange connections separately. LOL

Let me know....I don't care if the push doesn't work but hopefully I can at least synch every hour with my exchange server under this plan manually

And also has anyone tried to use this as a mode for the laptop to get internet access under the new plan?

Thanks
KH
Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

I use mail2web it is a exchange server, but I have it set to check every 2 hours. Obviously I don't have a bill yet. For the record, I repetedly asked what differences there were between my old plan and the new one, and was told (repeadtedly) the only difference is the limit (5gig vs 10 gig) being as I use my data all the time, and hadn't gone over 4 gig ever - I figured I was safe...
Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

I asked the same questions. All he would say is, do u use corporate email? I said what do u mean by that. he said do u use your pda for your work email? i said no. he said then you can do everything else, but wouldnt explain (prob didnt know) what that meant (prob exchange server?), but Id bet there is no difference except the 5gig.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Threadstarter

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokie96 View Post
So my question is this.....

With this unlimited data plan $29.99 nuguy you were able to get Exchange email using ActiveSync with this plan and not getting charged extra ?

Hopefully they don't just let you do it....then charge for all the Exchange connections separately. LOL

Let me know....I don't care if the push doesn't work but hopefully I can at least synch every hour with my exchange server under this plan manually

And also has anyone tried to use this as a mode for the laptop to get internet access under the new plan?

Thanks
KH
The T's & C's make it seem that it's totally blocked and not allowed.

Terms and Conditions
The Email and Web for Smartphone Plan/Feature is designed for personal, consumer use and is not designed for use with some Internet email service offerings or Wireless Sync or Wireless Sync Enterprise Server, GoodTM Mobile Messaging, or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. This plan/feature cannot be used to tether your device to laptops, personal computers or other devices for any purpose other than syncing of data; any other use is not permitted under this plan/feature. Microsoft Outlook, other compatible email protocol syncing requires cable connection. Smartphone users: when you use Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® or NotifyLinkTM, or Intellisync's Intellisync Mobile Suite, every time you receive an email or other update, you may be charged for an incoming text message. To avoid text messaging charges, you can set up timed synchronization or manually initiate synchronization. Only available in the National Enhanced Services and Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas.

i think they are trying to dumb this down for people so it's more like the Krazr, Envy and voyager.. why though i have no idea, since it a completely and totally different phone and demographic... comes down to choices i guess.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/Docum...Smartphone.pdf

Last edited by Nickles; 04-16-2008 at 10:58 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan