PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   SPB Mobile Shell Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24058)

CyberMonkey 04-14-2008 02:11 PM

SPB Mobile Shell Question

I am using the SPB Mobile Shell 2, and have a question. When I lock my Mogul, after awhile instead of saying "unlock" at the bottom corner it says "password" and I have to press the "comm manager" button to be able to select "unlock".
I have no passwords for locking/unlocking and it started doing that after I set the option for SPB Mobile Shell, to NOT display the "now" page when the screen is turn on.

peepeesea 04-14-2008 02:17 PM

Re: SPB Mobile Shell Question

mine did the same thing once or twice... i had to turn my device off then back on do get it to display right. i would suggest asking SPB tech support but they were no help for me when i had another issue so i removed the program and im going to try to get a refund...

Nickles 04-14-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 249606)
I have no passwords for locking/unlocking and it started doing that after I set the option for SPB Mobile Shell, to NOT display the "now" page when the screen is turn on.

do you have an exchange cert on your phone - if you sync to your comapny's email server, it will auto-lock after a max 30 mins.. (weather you want it to or not)
if you don't have anything like this, then ya, i'd say something's off.. try uninstall, then re-install.

CyberMonkey 04-14-2008 02:28 PM

It's not autolock, and no exchange cert on it.
Like I said it's after I lock it myself.

justpctech 04-14-2008 02:36 PM

there's nothing checked under Start, Settings, Personal, Lock either?

CyberMonkey 04-14-2008 02:37 PM

nope none at all

PropagandaX 04-14-2008 09:54 PM

I have the same problem with it showing password and it seems to be random. I have my left softkey mapped to "devicelock.exe" (found on this forum) which i use to lock the screen so i thought maybe that was the problem? I also found if i push it a few times eventally "password" is replaced with "Unlock", didnt know the com button fixes it too

TurboFool 04-14-2008 11:27 PM

It did that to me three or four times, but hasn't happened in a while.

roninr6 04-15-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 249614)
do you have an exchange cert on your phone - if you sync to your comapny's email server, it will auto-lock after a max 30 mins.. (weather you want it to or not)
if you don't have anything like this, then ya, i'd say something's off.. try uninstall, then re-install.

For the record this behavior is not the case for all exchange servers. You Exchange Admin can set the lock timeout to whatever they choose, your Admin has it set to 30 minutes.