PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 03:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None anymore
Carrier: AT&T

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Screen Keyboard Concept

Hey Guys,
So I have been using FFF Contacts and it is by far the BEST contacts program I have ever used! It is touch-friendly and is sooo easy to use.

Now we need to see this keyboard developed to replace the on-screen keyboard already available! It would have to have a complex T9 system to work but it is amazing... try this program out!

http://www.jotto.no/fff/

Need Games for Your PPC? [Click Here]
All tested and used with the Titan (PPC6800) Mogul.

I am a Sprint/Nextel Representative. Feel free to message me with questions or concerns.
----
Old 04-14-2008, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: New Screen Keyboard Concept

Wow, great recommendation. I just downloaded the 1.1alpha1 and let me tell you... I spent a couple of minutes just trying to get the keyboard to screw up and NOT show me the person I was looking (with my sloppy, fat-fingered typing)... and... it didn't work!! The keyboard figured it every time!

Very impressive app, at least after having used it for 5-10 minutes. It's great to have a keyboard that can take my input at light speed and still give good results. I also love that all the most-used options are immediately available after selecting a contact (mobile, home, SMS, email), and the addition of sending a GPS link is pretty sweet as well.

This app has just replaced PocketCM as my default contacts app, so that's saying something.

I'll post back if I run into any issues after extended use, but I'm sold so far.

Update- By the way, it looks like the memory footprint is also much smaller than PocketCM... I'm only seeing it consistently use about 200-215KB, and that's with looking up contacts, sending SMS, etc.... and it's really quick to start up, even when fully shut down... and with a name like "finger-friendly friend", who wouldn't love it??!? Hahaha, sorry.

Last edited by auto_exec; 04-14-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: New Screen Keyboard Concept

I do like that app a lot. wuld be a great sip.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff

this app should become a standard on any/all custom roms in my opinion!

Screen shots, direct download link, and more available on my Game/App Review thread (On Page 6 of the thread)
Old 04-14-2008, 04:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just found touch pal - about to try it out - http://www.cootek.com/downloadfile.a...dEnglishQWQVGA
Old 04-14-2008, 05:11 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yup touchpal is a winner. so easy to use!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: New Screen Keyboard Concept

FFF rocks.... much better than Pocket CM. It loads faster, is more responsive, has a smaller memory footprint. I am amazed that I did not know that it existed till I read this forum thread.

http://www.jotto.no/fff/index.html
Old 04-15-2008, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

touchpal is pretty cool but does not get close to how cool a FFF keyboard would be!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradynapier View Post
touchpal is pretty cool but does not get close to how cool a FFF keyboard would be!
I think i agree with you on that.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

This is so cool. I can't tell you how many times I would scroll through Contact Manager, accidently hit screen and call somebody at random.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan