PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Picture Mail (MMS) software - Proof of Concept (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23952)

seigex 04-13-2008 01:31 AM

Picture Mail (MMS) software - Proof of Concept

After about 2 days and of neglecting my family and several red bulls and pots of coffee, I've completed the first portion of a new Picture Mail (MMS) program. The program is still EXTREMELY alpha and is only in "Proof of Concept" so far.

Features i've completed:

* Receive Sprint MMS messages
* Process text message and downloads picture
* Displays Picture
* Saves Picture to MicroSD Card

-- I have successfully sent a picture mail from my wife's Verizon cell phone to my cell phone and had it display correctly.

My intent for this software will be a full fledged send and receive MMS program allowing bidirectional MMS messages, Something we've been lacking on the Mogul/Touch.

I will take some screen shots and post them up here in a few and if anyone would like to beta test my software, send me PM and once i get something functional and a little more exception handling entered into the code I will send out some Alpha software.

http://nakedape.biz/screen02.png

Excuse the look, i'm more worried about the functionality before i work on the aesthetics

CyberMonkey 04-13-2008 01:35 AM

Re: Picture Mail (MMS) software - Proof of Concept

sounds pretty cool

kupo 04-13-2008 03:00 AM

Exciting news Seigex,
If I were you I'd take a moment out developing to get a few things up and running. Slap together a domain with hosting as well as a paypal donate link off the bat so when this blows up (and I believe it will from your description) you can receive some dough for your hard work. Maybe just torrent it to save some bandwidth. Lastly think about if you're going to Public domain or GPL your code.
Best of luck
-kupo

seigex 04-13-2008 04:06 AM

Yeah all that is in the works. Just a matter of time to get it up.

As a general concensus ... Is there more need out there for a straight MMS program so people can use the SMS program of their choice or would we all be better served with a Threaded SMS program with integrated MMS?

dwizzy130 04-13-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seigex (Post 248519)
Yeah all that is in the works. Just a matter of time to get it up.

As a general concensus ... Is there more need out there for a straight MMS program so people can use the SMS program of their choice or would we all be better served with a Threaded SMS program with integrated MMS?

I'd vote for a straight mms app.
just my 2 cents.

keep up the good work,
dwizzy130

Nickles 04-13-2008 04:47 AM

wow, i'm not even a sprint user, and this seems pretty sweet... revolutionary almost. doing something sprint themselves can't even seem to get together.....
this should be stickied as the finished product gets closer..

seigex 04-13-2008 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickles (Post 248529)
wow, i'm not even a sprint user, and this seems pretty sweet... revolutionary almost. doing something sprint themselves can't even seem to get together.....
this should be stickied as the finished product gets closer..

I know T-Mobile does MMS, are there any other services that don't, so I can integrate them in to the app?

And regarding dwizzy's post, Thanks, thats what I'm lookin for.. I'm working on the program with MMS only which was my original idea, but if people want a program that does both, tell me and i'll do it.

My thought was to have a program that receives the MMS's and lets you maintain them ... sorta like a photo gallery.

Goddbody 04-13-2008 08:23 AM

I vote for the straight MMS too. Good work this will revolutionize Pic Mail for the PPC Community no doubt. Patiently waiting for this to jump off.

Dooper 04-13-2008 09:24 AM

If you want your application to stand out, You better put Video Mail in it.

firebrain 04-13-2008 10:11 AM

how does this work? does it parse picmail website like smms or does fake auth info so sprint thinks its another phonr