PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

allwurl26 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Picture Mail (MMS) software - Proof of Concept

need help with a today screen
Old 04-13-2008, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

firebrain is just getting started

sorry just read now that this app doesn't send. its a nice trick to parse the incoming link but if this app doesn't send im sorry to say but it aint worth much.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & HTC Touch

SomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the community

Nice job, funny you started in the opposite direction from me with sMMS.

I just started the recieving part of sMMS last week, but had to stop working on it to work on the new release of the Composer. Anyway, are you pulling download Messages, Captions, and Subjects too? or just the Images? I'm having a little issue with that part.

But good job.

--------------------------------------
sMMS Picture Mail v0.8.3.14000 - Sprint
Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyMMS View Post

I just started the recieving part of sMMS last week, but had to stop working on it to work on the new release of the Composer. Anyway, are you pulling download Messages, Captions, and Subjects too? or just the Images? I'm having a little issue with that part.

But good job.
Your two apps put together would be great. Even better would be an integration with WM6.1 threaded SMS.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seigex View Post
After about 2 days and of neglecting my family and several red bulls and pots of coffee, I've completed the first portion of a new Picture Mail (MMS) program. The program is still EXTREMELY alpha and is only in "Proof of Concept" so far.

Features i've completed:

* Receive Sprint MMS messages
* Process text message and downloads picture
* Displays Picture
* Saves Picture to MicroSD Card

-- I have successfully sent a picture mail from my wife's Verizon cell phone to my cell phone and had it display correctly.

My intent for this software will be a full fledged send and receive MMS program allowing bidirectional MMS messages, Something we've been lacking on the Mogul/Touch.

I will take some screen shots and post them up here in a few and if anyone would like to beta test my software, send me PM and once i get something functional and a little more exception handling entered into the code I will send out some Alpha software.

Excuse the look, i'm more worried about the functionality before i work on the aesthetics
Quote:

But good job.
Is it just me, or do I smell a collaboration effort beginning?

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 04-13-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

Elbimster is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Elbimster Send a message via AIM to Elbimster Send a message via MSN to Elbimster Send a message via Yahoo to Elbimster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
Your two apps put together would be great. Even better would be an integration with WM6.1 threaded SMS.
I'm with hippity. If there's a way to integrate it with the 6.1 Threaded SMS, I think that would be my personal preference, but if it's "just" an MMS app, I really can't think of too many people on this planet that could really complain that much.

Excellent work buddy, make sure to let us know when you can start getting paypal donations. I'm sure almost anyone here would gladly donate.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

SomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the communitySomeGuyMMS is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Is it just me, or do I smell a collaboration effort beginning?
I don't know maybe. I'll have to hear more about Seigex's plan. I don't plan on integrating SMS into sMMS. But we might be able to collaborate, since I have most of the framework done, and recieving at about 50%.

BTW I have to support Smartphones, I'm not sure if Seigex has that in the plans. Maybe only Touch/Mogul. And I sort of commited to BlackBerry support also.

Last edited by SomeGuyMMS; 04-13-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seigex is keeping up the good workseigex is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrain View Post
sorry just read now that this app doesn't send. its a nice trick to parse the incoming link but if this app doesn't send im sorry to say but it aint worth much.
Wow harsh, if you read the first post its going to be bi-directional As said its only proof-of-concept at this point, I still have alot of work to do.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seigex is keeping up the good workseigex is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I don't know maybe. I'll have to hear more about Seigex's plan. I don't plan on integrating SMS into sMMS. But we might be able to collaborate, since I have most of the framework done, and recieving at about 50%.

BTW I have to support Smartphones, I'm not sure if Seigex has that in the plans. Maybe only Touch/Mogul. And I sort of commited to BlackBerry support also.
As far as SMS goes that was just an idea I threw out there to see what people wanted more, my original plan is no SMS either. For some reason it seams .net 3.5 has an easier time intercepting all SMS instead of putting conditions on it.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seigex View Post
As far as SMS goes that was just an idea I threw out there to see what people wanted more, my original plan is no SMS either. For some reason it seams .net 3.5 has an easier time intercepting all SMS instead of putting conditions on it.
Definitely, intercepting the message is alot easier. You may want to go back to .NET 2.0, I originally had 3.5 as requirement then found out that with 5 minutes of extra work I was able to convert it. The reason I say that is because 2.0 is standard on the Touch and Mogul. And it has been hell helping folks install the .NET runtime, mostly Treo users though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan