PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: p4000
Carrier: telus

campusink is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unlimited data- NO TETHERING!!!

Soooo I singed up for unlimited data on my htc p4000 and little did I realize that I'm not allowed using that data for my laptop ( im using it right now) I got a 135 dollar fine because it says i used about 5 megs of "INTERNET EVERYWHERE" whhaatt the heck is internet everywhere? I've never heard of this. anyways the interesting part is that i had about 1.5 gigs of data that went through my phone to my laptop and the dude at telus was convinced that i used all that data by sending and receiving emails and browsing on the web with my phone... but thats almost impossible. I tethered like crazzzzy but most of it showed up as just data usage... what the heck is this "internet everywhere" crap and how do i make sure that my tethering only goes through my data plan? anyone else have the same issse?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

Dc_Striker is becoming a great contributor
Re: unlimited data- NO TETHERING!!!

should of have read it and what do u mean go trought ur data plan
Old 04-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: p4000
Carrier: telus
Threadstarter

campusink is a n00b

Like, how can it tell the difference between "internet everywhere (tethering)" and data plan by just downloading through my phone. like i tethered over a gig of data through my laptop but it just went through my data part of the bill... :S
Old 04-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work

i tether at least 5gb's a month from my mogul, but i am with sprint. i just pay for unlimited data, i dont pay the $35 plan to tether and they dont say anything to me.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND (cdma)
Carrier: Telus Canada

coolcmar is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to coolcmar

Hey campusink i'm also with Telus canada so tell me your steps to theater ... maybe you just forgot to do something ....btw you can always tell to telus that you ddnt knew about this internet every where and they will cancel it for this time ... (they can do that only once)
Old 04-12-2008, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

355Nation is a n00b

That sucks dude...I'm not sure how to help you, I'm with Jack Schitt on this one, I have his same plan.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

335NATION took the words right outta my mouth, that sucks dude. call em up and plead with them and explain you didnt know. that may work for ya, at least this time. sorry to hear that.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b

I just went on the Everything plan so I don't have to worry about any overage this or that again... all you can do is call and ask for a reduction.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon72 View Post
I just went on the Everything plan so I don't have to worry about any overage this or that again... all you can do is call and ask for a reduction.
Except the "Everything" plan doesn't officially include tethering, if you're referring to sprint that is.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
Except the "Everything" plan doesn't officially include tethering, if you're referring to sprint that is.
I tethered using PDANet before I got my laptop with a built in datacard with no ill effects. Just have to becareful and they seem to do things differently up in CN.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan