PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Sprint

MaskedLion is keeping up the good workMaskedLion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need a GPS "ON" Shortcut

So I have disabled my GPS in location settings so that my battery will last more than 4 hours with the new radio ROM. Anyone have any idea how I can create a shortcut so that I can turn GPS on and off without going all the way through the settings menus to turn it back on, this is pretty difficult to do while driving.

I am using dcd's 3.0.1 ROM on top of the 3.35 Radio.

Thanks for any help possible.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:06 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Need a GPS "ON" Shortcut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedLion View Post
So I have disabled my GPS in location settings so that my battery will last more than 4 hours with the new radio ROM. Anyone have any idea how I can create a shortcut so that I can turn GPS on and off without going all the way through the settings menus to turn it back on, this is pretty difficult to do while driving.I am using dcd's 3.0.1 ROM on top of the 3.35 Radio.Thanks for any help possible.
Why would your battery die in four hours? I have never heard of having to shut your GPS off. I say its not your GPS if your battery is going that fast.
I don't think your GPS is always on. It runs when a Application Eg: Googlemaps/Garmin launches it.
Well I have no such problem with the new Rom or the Leaked one I was using before..

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-13-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

i second that. no way your location ON is draining your battery. something else is up .
you using a primer app to get your satellite locks ? check to make sure that doesnt stay open . i use Holux, get a lock within 10 seconds, then close it.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nope, no primer app used.
All I know is that when I use googlemaps and dont turn location "off" after using it the battery is below 10% within 4 hours. If I turn it "off" then I have a normal battery day.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff

Quote:
Nope, no primer app used.
All I know is that when I use googlemaps and dont turn location "off" after using it the battery is below 10% within 4 hours. If I turn it "off" then I have a normal battery day.
Are you sure you're really closing Google Maps? Do you have a utility such as Wisbar or HTC-X Button to make sure that the "X" really closes an application, rather than minimizes it? Try turning off your device for 10 seconds, and turning it back on after exiting Google Maps and see if that makes a difference.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I use resco explorer and make sure that it is closed.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff

Quote:
Resco Explorer is a file manager, not a process/application manager, how do you make sure it's closed?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:38 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
That would'nt make a difference. Try "HTC X button", "Quick Menu" or "HTC Task Manager v2.0".
Well any way what ever program you choose to use odds are you will find it right HERE in the first or second post.
When using one of these Apps the X will truly close the program. Just click the X to close and use the Ok button to minimize and run in the background.
I use Quick Menu if you want to try it you can find it HERE and the discussion is HERE.
*If you use Quick Menu You have to go into the settings and set up the Close option.
(Quick menu settings-General tab- X-Button of screen.....)

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-13-2008 at 11:45 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan