PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx8600
Carrier: verizon

goon55 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon xv6800 Issues

UNINSTALLING APPS:

Hello all, I have dcd 2.3.2.

i am trying to unstall apps. Any app. When I do, I get the following error:

"*program* was not completely removed. do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?"

I hit Yes, but it stays in the list. even after soft reset.

I also have pocket mechanic which has an Uninstall Applications option. I go to it, and the apps I uninstalled are not listed in there. I am still able to run all the apps as well. Just weird.

I am tempted to just update to dcd's 3.* rom, but thats a lot of work too and I haven't been able to find a list of differences between the two to see if it is worth updating to. Anyone have a link for that?

KEYBOARD/SCREEN "WIGGLE"?

When my keyboard is open it is loose and wiggles. not side to side but front to back. so when i am typing this message for example when i type fast or shake it up and down the screen is noticibly loose but not like it's falling off or anything. is anyone else having this issue or is there a way to tighten it? everything functions fine i just dont want it to get worse over time and it is really just annoying. And I am not so sure I am ready to swap it out just like that. I have spent a lot of time messing with it. I am just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

ACTIVESYNC/BLUETOOTH

I cannot for the life of me get activesync to work via bluetooth. I can pair the phone and the pc, but then I cannot use any services. I open activesync and I cannot connect at all. I cant even select the right come port that my pc is using. From the phone, I cannot select the right com port either. I get an error. I am sure this isn't as difficult as I am making it, but I haven't been able to find a clear step by step tutorial on how to connect the xv6800 via bluetooth. Can any one point me in the right direction?

THANKS everyone.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

goon55 is a n00b
Re: Verizon xv6800 Issues

Anyone help me out?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:58 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

ok, reviving dead post...is there any way to tighten the screen up? im affraid its gonna fall off its getting that loose..

Help Me Help You
Old 04-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yes, you can. would i recommend it? no. when i replaced my LCD screen from one i bought on eBay, i tightened my screen down from the inside, but this does void the warranty. if its really THAT loose, it's best to just take it in, get a new one, and not risk it, that is, if you have insurance...
Old 04-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

goon55 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick aguas View Post
yes, you can. would i recommend it? no. when i replaced my LCD screen from one i bought on eBay, i tightened my screen down from the inside, but this does void the warranty. if its really THAT loose, it's best to just take it in, get a new one, and not risk it, that is, if you have insurance...
Yea I kinda agree with you, but the issue with having verizon replace it is that you will get a refurbished one through the insurance. Frankly I think that's bull5hit. You spend $400 on a device and you would like to think that it would last, but even if it doesn't that they would replace it with another new one. Anyway, sorry to rant, but it took them sending me 3 broke *** refurbed envs before they would send me a new one!

Also, if you have "modded" your 6800, rom, radio, etc, be prepared to redo everything. fun fun. My screen has gotten worse as well. Any way you can put together a quick how-to on tightening the screen? And why didnt you return/replace your phone if the screen was jacked?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon55 View Post
Yea I kinda agree with you, but the issue with having verizon replace it is that you will get a refurbished one through the insurance. Frankly I think that's bull5hit. You spend $400 on a device and you would like to think that it would last, but even if it doesn't that they would replace it with another new one. Anyway, sorry to rant, but it took them sending me 3 broke *** refurbed envs before they would send me a new one!

Also, if you have "modded" your 6800, rom, radio, etc, be prepared to redo everything. fun fun. My screen has gotten worse as well. Any way you can put together a quick how-to on tightening the screen? And why didnt you return/replace your phone if the screen was jacked?
yeah, i relocked mine two weeks ago and sent it in for a refurb, but mine has no issues what so ever. maybe i just got the luck of the draw

but when i dropped it, the screen cracked, the keyboard became offset, and a few buttons did not work. i just wanted to replace the screen before i sent it in so insurance didnt get wise. as for the how-to, i replaced the screen back in january or early february and my memory's a bit foggy. i just remember looking around the phone and found the place the LCD is attached to the keyboard. no biggie. good luck!

Last edited by nick aguas; 04-29-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850

ronc is a n00b

Help please, I flashed the latest DCD 3.0.1 W RADIO 3.35.04 and the mms inbound dousnt work. oUTBOUND WORKS, and I shut down the 44 $$ plan for the 29$, wHY WOULD THE MMS INBOUND NOT WORK?

aLSO, THE OUTLOOK SHOWS A MESSAGE, BUT THERE IS NONE. aNY IDEAS? i APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE.....
Old 04-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

goon55 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick aguas View Post
yeah, i relocked mine two weeks ago and sent it in for a refurb, but mine has no issues what so ever. maybe i just got the luck of the draw

but when i dropped it, the screen cracked, the keyboard became offset, and a few buttons did not work. i just wanted to replace the screen before i sent it in so insurance didnt get wise. as for the how-to, i replaced the screen back in january or early february and my memory's a bit foggy. i just remember looking around the phone and found the place the LCD is attached to the keyboard. no biggie. good luck!
Wel I just ran into the VZW store and the dude told me that the screen being loose is actually a warranty issue and not an insurance issue. He basically stated that since the phone wasnt dropped and IS essentially working properly that it is a hardware issue which is covered under the manufacturers warranty. So (he said) that means a complete hardware replacement with a NEW phone. woot.

Now I have yet to call in, but thats what he said anyway. Thought I would update.

Hey Ronc, try this and see if it fixes the MMS issue. I am still on 2.3.2 so I don't have first hand experience on the new dcd rom.

MMS issue:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=1249773&pp=25
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=1914387&postcount=159

Servername: Verizonwireless
Gateway: blank
port: 80
server: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/ms
Connect via: Verizon Wireless
Sending limit: 350k
WAP: WAP 2.0

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan