PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC
Carrier: Sprint

eXplicit is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit
Got a refurb yesterday...

Oddly, it had 2.17 installed, and not 3.35. I check the information under ##778#, states it's "Refurbished," and it was refurbished on March 10th. I would think it should come with the new ROM... Well, I flashed the rom about 10 minues ago, and now I am surprised to see that after a fresh boot, I am only getting 46% memory usage. 25.83 free. Weird...
Old 04-10-2008, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 by HTC
Threadstarter

eXplicit is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eXplicit
Re: Got a refurb yesterday...

And to add to this, I just noticed that when I plug in my Micro SD, it takes away around 1MB of the memory???
Old 04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

I've gotten two NEW moguls within the past 3 weeks and neither came with 3.35... One mogul was before they ran out of stock, and one just came yesterday... clearly, they're not installing 3.35 yet.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: Got a refurb yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
I've gotten two NEW moguls within the past 3 weeks and neither came with 3.35... One mogul was before they ran out of stock, and one just came yesterday... clearly, they're not installing 3.35 yet.
i got my mogul last week (friday april 4th, 200, and it was brand new...NOT refurbished and it had 3.35 on it. the Insurance claim people say they are in back order and would take up to 6 days for me to get it...but i got my mogul brand new 2 days later.
All the Moguls should have 3.35 now.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

same with me i called to make a claim about 3 weeks ago and they said it would take about 6 days to get my phone and it came in 2 days later and was brand new with 3.35 installed already
Old 04-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero200
Carrier: SPRINT

mhone117 is a n00b

Ive been waiting on a mogul as well for about 2 weeks cause the last one i recieved was refurbished and had a messed up screen,past couple days its been rrrrreally actin up so i called up to see if they had gotten ne thing they said no so i showed up at the store for some kinda replacment till i got my mogul they said sure...30mins later he walks out with a mogul.3.35 installed new phone and all! man am i happy
Old 04-11-2008, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro

lilgrass71 is a n00b

hey wha do you mean by messed up screen. sometime when i turn the phone back on from stand by i get scrambles then it come up with the today screen. the scrambles only for a fraction of a second though. is that considered messed up screen? my old mogul never did that but it had ROM 2.08 on it. my new one came with 3.35
Old 04-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Lurker

mhone117 is a n00b

well when i first got my refurbed one it started like that with scrambles and white dots on the screen but only while texting and it started getting worse from there on.like the screen would start to fade out to other colors or jus fade to a solid black i would haveto turn the screen off then on to fix it but after a while that wouldnt even help because the screen would light up but not come on like it was trying to but couldnt.it was really bad so when i told the sprint store bout it they ordered another but with the back order i was waiting forever till lastnite when it went haywire the buttons in the center on the bottom stopped working and the screen would jus scroll for no reason...it was definetly jus defected so i dont know if u have the same problem....sometimes it does that(the scrambles when waking up) just for a sec cause its catching up or loading or sumtin so u might be alright.but thats jus my 2cents some one else might have a better explination
Old 04-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhone117 View Post
well when i first got my refurbed one it started like that with scrambles and white dots on the screen but only while texting and it started getting worse from there on.like the screen would start to fade out to other colors or jus fade to a solid black i would haveto turn the screen off then on to fix it but after a while that wouldnt even help because the screen would light up but not come on like it was trying to but couldnt.it was really bad so when i told the sprint store bout it they ordered another but with the back order i was waiting forever till lastnite when it went haywire the buttons in the center on the bottom stopped working and the screen would jus scroll for no reason...it was definetly jus defected so i dont know if u have the same problem....sometimes it does that(the scrambles when waking up) just for a sec cause its catching up or loading or sumtin so u might be alright.but thats jus my 2cents some one else might have a better explination
geez, what a horror story. I have to order another mogul, and now im scared. did you order yours by mail, or did a sprint store force you to swap out?
Old 04-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Lurker

mhone117 is a n00b

haha yea it was pretty horrible.but i went to my local sprint store(3rd party)and showed them how my phone wouldnt even wake up.i had already been waiting on them to get my new one and asked for a replacement till it came in cause i couldnt take it ne more but i wound up leaving with a new mogul 3.35 installed...so try and push for a new phone not a refurb,with refurbs its all chance on if theyre gonna work correctly or not.but if they dont u can always go back again and start problems i doubt theyll deny u a new one after that...but im assuming u wouldnt want to have to go threw all that.im not sure on the best route to go cause i wasnt exactly FORCED to swap out i actually would say they were very helpful but maybe someone else could give thier opinion because i doubt youd hear the same story twice

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan