PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Exquizit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Refurbished Phones

I have been hearing mixed opinions on refurbished phones. I am very tempted to replace my Mogul with a refurbished one due to physicals damages. But I am not sure if I should because of the so called "problem prone" refurbished phones. What are your opinions on it?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Refurbished Phones

I've had a refurbished Mogul for a couple months with no issues at all.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
I've had a refurbished Mogul for a couple months with no issues at all.
Except for the STD's in the microphone
Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

if your having questions and you think your gonna get another phone reardless.

1. Re-lock your phone if its unlocked.
2. After Re-locking your phone load any rom and unhook it while the rom is loading, keeping it in boot loader.
3. Go to your local sprint store, if there not the brightest bunch like the people at my sprint stores, theyll just replace it with a brand new in box Mogul.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

manthony6567 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post

2. After Re-locking your phone load any rom and unhook it while the rom is loading, keeping it in boot loader.
3. Go to your local sprint store, if there not the brightest bunch like the people at my sprint stores, theyll just replace it with a brand new in box Mogul.
yea he is right my friend has done that a couple of times and he has a couple of accecories now lolsz
Old 04-13-2008, 03:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Yeah i have like 7 Stylists lol.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint

indevolatile is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post

Why would this make them give you a new one as opposed to a refurbished?

I'm just wondering because I've been thinking about replacing mine. (I have the infamous "purple line" that recently started showing up in all my photos)

I do have the $7/month insurance, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with whether they give you a new or refurb.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

either way, refurbs are usually just as good or better then new ones. they hve to be inspected and go thru tests and such b4 being released

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I was weary of getting a refurb, but it works better so far than all my other new in box phones.

Also, that bootloader trick may not work. My local stores are all douchebags and expect you to give them your phone and wait a week with no phone for them to order a refurb.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

babyqtangel is a n00b
Question Re: Refurbished Phones

Just curious...

I had a brand new Sprint Mogul, which I then replaced due to technical issues, and had been provided with a refurb. Since then, my refurb has given me problems with the keyboard, so I tried flashing it to see if a new rom would help with other performance shortcomings.

The keyboard issue is still bugging me, and I am contemplating flashing back to stock rom, and relocking to take back to the store. However--when I flashed it and unlocked it the first time, the "Refurbishment Status = Yes" on my ESN screen was changed to a "No".

Is there a way to change this back?

Thanks in advance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan