PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Refurbished Phones (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23868)

Exquizit 04-11-2008 11:07 PM

Refurbished Phones

I have been hearing mixed opinions on refurbished phones. I am very tempted to replace my Mogul with a refurbished one due to physicals damages. But I am not sure if I should because of the so called "problem prone" refurbished phones. What are your opinions on it?

Hafrust 04-11-2008 11:12 PM

Re: Refurbished Phones

I've had a refurbished Mogul for a couple months with no issues at all.

TheBundo 04-12-2008 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripdub1 (Post 247632)
I've had a refurbished Mogul for a couple months with no issues at all.

Except for the STD's in the microphone

B18DelSolT 04-12-2008 06:40 AM

if your having questions and you think your gonna get another phone reardless.

1. Re-lock your phone if its unlocked.
2. After Re-locking your phone load any rom and unhook it while the rom is loading, keeping it in boot loader.
3. Go to your local sprint store, if there not the brightest bunch like the people at my sprint stores, theyll just replace it with a brand new in box Mogul.

manthony6567 04-12-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B18DelSolT (Post 247781)

2. After Re-locking your phone load any rom and unhook it while the rom is loading, keeping it in boot loader.
3. Go to your local sprint store, if there not the brightest bunch like the people at my sprint stores, theyll just replace it with a brand new in box Mogul.

yea he is right my friend has done that a couple of times and he has a couple of accecories now lolsz

B18DelSolT 04-13-2008 03:34 AM

Yeah i have like 7 Stylists lol.

indevolatile 04-13-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B18DelSolT (Post 247781)

Why would this make them give you a new one as opposed to a refurbished?

I'm just wondering because I've been thinking about replacing mine. (I have the infamous "purple line" that recently started showing up in all my photos)

I do have the $7/month insurance, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with whether they give you a new or refurb.

Success100 04-13-2008 05:47 AM

either way, refurbs are usually just as good or better then new ones. they hve to be inspected and go thru tests and such b4 being released

Baffles 04-13-2008 08:06 AM

I was weary of getting a refurb, but it works better so far than all my other new in box phones.

Also, that bootloader trick may not work. My local stores are all douchebags and expect you to give them your phone and wait a week with no phone for them to order a refurb.

babyqtangel 06-08-2009 10:37 AM

Just curious...

I had a brand new Sprint Mogul, which I then replaced due to technical issues, and had been provided with a refurb. Since then, my refurb has given me problems with the keyboard, so I tried flashing it to see if a new rom would help with other performance shortcomings.

The keyboard issue is still bugging me, and I am contemplating flashing back to stock rom, and relocking to take back to the store. However--when I flashed it and unlocked it the first time, the "Refurbishment Status = Yes" on my ESN screen was changed to a "No".

Is there a way to change this back?

Thanks in advance.