PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon XV6800

Anthony C is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blinking light announcing new emails not working properly

Hello, and glad to be aboard. Hoping to get some help on a minor--but bothersome--problem.

When a new email arrives, I have my Verizon 6800 configured to make a sound and flash the light. In Settings/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications I have the flashing function set to "no limit" yet the amber light blinks for only a minute or two, then goes back to flashing green. I have even set the time to 60 minutes as a test but it still only flashes for 1-2 minutes.

I have my missed calls and voicemails set the same way and the light does flash for no limit without problem, until I access them.

Any thoughts? Many thanks.

Anthony in Chicago
Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jeffreypjacobs is a n00b
Re: Blinking light announcing new emails not working properly

Anthony- unfortunately, I think this is a WM6 issue, as I have experienced it myself. In reading other posts, some have suggested that the notification will work only when you have closed the messaging application. I tired that, it still quits. For me, my notifications start working again after a soft reset, then stop over time. What I have done is install nueLED and move the notification over to the bluetooth indicator light. That seems to make the visual notifications work for a longer time- but eventually it still takes a soft reset to get them going again. Hope this at least helps a little.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

RCTOUCH is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony C View Post
Hello, and glad to be aboard. Hoping to get some help on a minor--but bothersome--problem.

When a new email arrives, I have my Verizon 6800 configured to make a sound and flash the light. In Settings/Sounds and Notifications/Notifications I have the flashing function set to "no limit" yet the amber light blinks for only a minute or two, then goes back to flashing green. I have even set the time to 60 minutes as a test but it still only flashes for 1-2 minutes.

I have my missed calls and voicemails set the same way and the light does flash for no limit without problem, until I access them.

Any thoughts? Many thanks.

Anthony in Chicago
i think there is a registry hack to get the unlimited flashing led notification. its somewhere here. i'll try to help you find it and i'll post it. i used it before but i changed back because all i need is for it to flash for 10 mins or so
Old 04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Anthony C is a n00b

Thanks for those replies. I'd be very eager to use anything that will do the job. The thing is, the light used to blink indefinitely as programed, and now for some reason no longer does. I've reset to no avail.

This is important to me, because I don't want to be a slave to the device, constantly picking it up to check if I've received an email. I'm already more than a little disappointed that I can't get my Hotmails to pop up on the device, supposedly due to the lack of an agreement between MSN and Verizon. I bailed off Sprint in January and jumped to Verizon at the behest of my family, and in the process I decided to pony up for my first smartphone, the 6800. Only later did I learn I couldn't get my Hotmails to appear, so I've moved over to Yahoo. But now, I've lost the blinking light functionality.

AC
Old 04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jeffreypjacobs is a n00b

Anthony- search and find Windows Live to download. Verizon did not include it in the 6800. With Windows Live you can push your Hotmail to the 6800.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Anthony C is a n00b

Thanks, jeffrey. I found it at windowslive.com

Please forgive my ignorance, but should I go to that site with my 6800 and download it, or with my laptop and then get it into the 6800 somehow with the sync cable?

AC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan