PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible by HTC
Carrier: Verizon

Phythesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb MP3 Ringtones?

Hello all,

I am new to the website. I love this place the people are friendly and very helpful. I am glad I found it. Ok...that being said...:0) I have searched the threads (as best as I could) and I am trying to find a way to be able to set my MP3's as ringtones. Can anyone please help me in doing this? If it is a reg tweak, can someone please PM me or post the results? I really do appreciate the help in advance.

Thanks...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: MP3 Ringtones?

The easiest way to do this is using ActiveSync. Copy your ringtones (mp3's) from your pc to your ppc. Place them in the Rings folder that's located in your Windows folder.

Then go to Settings/Personal/Sounds & Notificaitons to select them.

late,
Coz

p.s.....welcome to the jungle.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

KEYPPC is a n00b

Do A Search For Audio Manager...its Trims The Songs Down & U Can Put Them Rite Into Ur Ringtone Folder...buttt This Is After U Get The Song To The Phone Via Usb From The Computer To The Phone...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

what ?? so primitive... Active Sync??? USB??? gah !
BEAM baby. BEAM.. thats right.. I said BEAM.. BEAM works and if you'll click my Tiermann is a Genius link in my sig, you too shall rejoice in the power of the BEAM....

MMMMM..... BEAM......
Old 04-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

they are placed in the my doc / ringtones folder and if you want to use mp3s as txt alerts or vm alerts you move them dir to Windows folder..

Will
Old 04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible by HTC
Threadstarter

Phythesis is a n00b

So, there is no way for me to use them as ringtones from my MicroSD card at all?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b

im pretty sure you can just right click (i dont know what it's actually called, the thing where you hold down the stylus until you see the ring) and say set as ringtone, the phone will automatically copy it to the ringtones folder and set it as the ringtone

just a side note, i recommend doing some editing in audacity if you want to start at specific times in the song and/or make it louder
Old 04-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

but that isn't makeing it work from the sd card it is still going from the ringtone folder, im not sure if you can use mp3s from the sd card may have to be wav or something..

Will
Old 04-10-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

seeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good workseeneed4speed is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
they are placed in the my doc / ringtones folder and if you want to use mp3s as txt alerts or vm alerts you move them dir to Windows folder..

Will
put then in /application data/sounds and they can be used for ringtones or alerts.

you can also make customer alarm sounds, they have to be wav files and placed in /windows

hope this helps
Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phythesis View Post
So, there is no way for me to use them as ringtones from my MicroSD card at all?
You are correct. The files have to be in the ringtones folder on your device. Whether you directly save them in that folder or use the tap and hold method to set as ringtone, they are going to be on the device rather than the sd card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan