PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Lurker

davrodg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPC-6800 Not able to answer incoming calls - Soft or Hard Button

When receiving calls on the phone (both with PointUI loaded and disabled), I can't answer the call, and notice the radio seems to downgrade the signal to 1x. I can neither hit the hard button or the soft button to accept incoming calls, nor can I hit ignore. I have upgraded my phone numerous times, using custom roms/stock roms, and am very comfortable finetuning my phone, apps etc. I have encounted a problems that may be hardware related, but wanted to check the forums first to avoid wasting my time at the Sprint store. I currently am running the beta ROM, but the same problem existed with the new 3.35 ROM as well (which is why I downgraded, thinking the radio version was the culprit). I have 3.27 and 3.16 Radio currently, which has the same issues as the 3.35. I don't mind doing a new rom again, but I don't know if that will resolve the issue. Has anyone else encountered the issue, and what was the resolution.

PPC-6800 SPRINT
PointUI
Exchange Enabled
MultaNAI disabled
PocketCM .15
BlueTooth Enabled
wmWiFiRouter
HTC Streaming Player
HTC Home 5 button
Yahoo! Go 2.0
tripYzee
reTOUCHED Dialer
PHM Registry Editor
mfrazz 8 Button CommMgr
Live Search
Google Maps
HTP Home Plugin
Schap's Adv Conf (used for Soft Key Map, Animate Menu/Window, disable SMS sent, OBEX Bluetooth enabled, Stereo BT w/ 60 bit rate/pool)
FreeCell
Mobile Mines
Old 04-09-2008, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/6800
Carrier: sprint

thakidc is keeping up the good workthakidc is keeping up the good work
Re: PPC-6800 Not able to answer incoming calls - Soft or Hard Button

I too have had this problm only, it was with the original stock rom/radio. Eventually i hard reset and installed apps one by one calling in between. Sadly no apps were the culprit and my phone seemed to be answering fine, until receiving a call with a memory hogging app running. The problem began again. Finally the upgrade came out so i flashed to that and the problem went away again but only with little/no ram being used. Even now i cannot answer a call unless little/no ram is being used but at the homescreen I can, so maybe we can find the problem with the help of the great developers/hackers.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kraygh is just getting started

Can you SEND calls?

Because I had this problem with the hard and soft keys after a ROM upgrade once, and I had to reflash to clear it.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

I had this problem once stock on my Altell PPC-6800. I had to do a hard reset to get it to work again.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If ur advanced config version is over version 1.0 then it is causing the issue and the only way to fix it is a hard reset. The titan has a problem with any version over 1.0.
hope this helps,
dwizzy130

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan