PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Service Center Comes Through Awesomely

I went to the sprint service center down the street from me, I work in Midtown Manhattan, and walked in. The last one I went to was a few avenues/blocks away. This one was literally 2 blocks from my job.

I show them the issue with the voice activation button having recessed. The woman explains, after checking that I have TEP, that they can fix it in-house for free, if they can't fix it in house, a refurbished unit takes 5 days, or I can take a refurbished unit from their stock. I ask if I use my insurance and pay the deductible can I get a new phone? She said most likely I'd get a refurbished one too. Well, I say I'd like to not get a refurbished phone (yes, fine, I've had the argument here with everyone). I wanted a new phone and if they couldn't fix it and were going to send me a refurbished one, I'd rather keep the one I had. Well, the woman says, she'll give me a new one out of the box. I'm amazed. I checked epst and it is new as well. Even gave me the data/sync cable as I don't have one here and needed to first do the ROM upgrade to restore all my contacts and stuff.

Very nice to get amazingly good customer service.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Service Center Comes Through Awesomely

my Voice button did the same thing. It actually just looked it got pressed in and to the side so it stuck behind the housing. I was able to get it back out after I told it I was going to throw it. My Mogul gets scared and starts working after I use some cuss words...amazing.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

ihatespam is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ihatespam

I have the same voice (green) button issue also...Sometimes it works and sometimes I need a vise clamp to get the thing to switch over to the dialer screen / answer a call...I thought this had to do with buggy software, because it seemed to be random.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Threadstarter

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nope, seems this is a hardware defect. The spring behind it just well, breaks, we are talking about UT Starcomm, or wait, is it HTC, and what was their first name? 3 years, 3 names, kind of funny.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

My OK button under the jog wheel did the same thing. All I did was re-map my "tap" on the voice button to act as the OK button cuz I don't want a refurb. When the device really breaks, I will Rico Suave my way to a new device through a Sprint Store. Hopefully I get a chill employee like you and some others have!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

I had the same problem and took mine apart but couldn't fix it. Had to replace it. I also got another new one

Quote:
UT Starcomm, or wait, is it HTC, and what was their first name? 3 years, 3 names, kind of funny.
Don't forget Audiovox. Or XDA

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan