PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None anymore
Carrier: AT&T

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
-- Game Review/List for the Mogul --

Hey Guys,
So I see a few scattered posts about games for the Mogul, but it's always 1-2 games I see on here... even the big websites ti seems to be hard to find the newest games. I recently aquired about 450 good quality pay-to-play games and would like to list a few of them for you guys to lookup and get yourselves! I didn't even know most of these existed even after reading the "games" posts.

I also decided to post Applications on here. Mine as well! Make sure to contribute your own!

Note: In order to find these games/applications - it is very easy to go to http://www.google.com and type in the Application name then "ppc" right after. If this thread gets popular I will post links to all the games/apps.

-----------------------------------------------
-- GAMES --

- Ages of Empires - plays well on the Mogul, requires 16 MB of Ram free to play. Works pretty good - scrolling around the map is kind of confusing?

- Arvale - A pretty cool RPG, I doubt i will get much play out of this game though... no time when I would normally play games I am looking for a 2-5 minute gameplay situation... if I ever have a lot of free time and my phone on me maybe.

- Arvale II - Meh, same as above.

- Bejeweled - Amazing game! Everyone knows the classic puzzle game, Bejeweled.

- Bomber Man - Not the original, graphics are smaller then they should be. I find myself having a good time though.

- Bust'em 2 - Breakout clone. not to into these games, but most people love them.

- Chess - came with VetVito's rom

- Call of Duty 2 - Fun game, great graphics kind of hard to get used to

- Dope Wars - What phone would be complete without the ability to solicit drugs and become a millionaire?

- Frogger - Yay

- Kevtris - Came with Vetvito's, tetris!

- Machines at War - Great game RTS style.

- Monopoly - Needed monopoly! Will never play it though haha

- Pocket Master Golf 2 - This game is suprisingly fun, I have about 8 courses for it all 9-18 holes with good customization available.

- Pocket Snake - Who doesn't want to play snake!? Snake is a great game... some compatibility issues it would seem with the Mogul, but plays good still.

- Sand Game - Great Game! The Sand game sand falls from the sky and you make lines with your stylus to stop it... seems stupid but actually entertaining.

- Sim City 2000 - Awesome Awesome! I loved this version of Sim City back in the day and it's back! I will play this game for hours!

- Snood - The best bust a groove type game out there. 8 years back this game consumed parts of my life!

- Spb Brain Evolution - Mine as well get smarter at some point! Pretty cool, way harder then brain age etc!

- MorphGear - Sweet program! You can get Snes9x (Super Nintendo), GnUBoy (Gameboy), Gameboy Advance, Genesis, Nintendo, and more for it! I can't even start to list the game - but one of them is Grand Theft Auto Advance!

- Tiger Woods PGA Tour - Never played, looks sweet!

- Tomb Raider - Hard to play but sweet graphics just like the PSX version... makes me wonder if they could port FF7 over.

- UNO - Don't ask, might come in handy to play sometime.

- Warfare Incorporated - Great game. RTS style

- Warring Nations - Risk for your Mobile Phone!

- Worms World Party - Another favorite of mine, extremely excited to have it on my phone!

-- Applications --
I am a personal user of VetVito's Custom Rom. This rom comes with a lot of great apps so there are a few I may miss.

- PocketRAR - Very important in my opinion! This program lets you open .rar and .zip files from your PocketPC. Awesome!

- Spb Finance - Awesome program, organizes all my finances and looks nice. Great for my business, and it has the option of placing the information on the today screen in a pretty tabbed layout (make sure you lock the phone)

- Sprint Navigation - Obvious, great for the GPS

- Dashwire - This program mirrors your phone onto the internet. I can add contacts, pictures, videos on my phone and I can view them on the website. I can add contacts on the website and they go into my phone. Also works to backup all your contacts and information. Currently in beta.

- Flash Video Bundle/TCPMP - Cool media player that supports flash. This bundle also comes with a link to a website that opens a few cool flash video sites out there, including YouTube (YouToob!)

- 1-Calc - Came with VetVito's Rom. Best calculator I have ever seen for a phone. Does everything from tips to conversion to calculus!

- WMWiFiRouter - Truthfully, don't know much about this... no use for it... came with VetVito. Please provide information so I can update this.

- Oxios Hibernate - Helps to free memory on your phone.

- PHM RegEdit - Let's you updatey our phones registry and make updates that wouldn't normally be available to you.

- Google Maps - A must for your PPC. Works just like Google Maps on your explorer. Get satellite views, hybrid views, traffic, and now compatible with GPS functionality. I use this in conjuction with Sprint Navigation. I turn the Voice Nav on then open google maps, use the gps with satellite view to see where I am going.

- E-Mobile TV (MobiTV) - A stupid program in my opinion! Doesn't work. Could be because I did not care enough to try.

- Task Manager - Came with VetVito's Rom. Awesome program to figure out what's running, how much memory it is using, and close if need be.

---------------------------------

I still have a bunch of games/apps I plan on adding in the next few days. I'll try to update this with all the good Mogul games if I can. Let's make this the official thread so people can come here and know what games to look for.

When I see good suggestions in this thread, I will do my best to update the top thread with a suggestions portion so everything is easy to read and use. If it comes down to it, we can start posting screen shots and what-not of the games... that would be really cool!

Last edited by bradynapier; 04-09-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuffbradynapier knows their stuff
Re: -- Games For the Mogul --

Bump, looks like this almost went to the second page before anyone even saw it.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

This is nice but where's the link so i can get the damn games lol i want the sims 2000 thats my game man
Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Check your PMs
Old 04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Young-E

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

whats are my pm's
Old 04-09-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Meh, google it next time!

http://www.pocketgear.com/en_US/html...id=prod5702397
Old 04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Brady,
Disreguard my PM, thanks for the link.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Young-E

i though there was a link where we could get it for free guess not
Old 04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

rbibb04 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to rbibb04

there are plenty of free games on the Game Jump link on opera mini 4.. including that sand thing, which is stupid, but i found my stupid self playing with it for a while.. Kevtris is cool, but i hate Tetris-type games that don't let you still spin the object once it's sitting..
Old 04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey Guys, I updated the thread to include applications as well.

Moderators: Please change the topic name to -- Games/Apps for the Mogul -- if you could?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan