PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

Bookman375 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would pay experienced upgrader!

Well, though I am a PC technician, I have never upgraded a Windows Mobile ROM, and am nervous about upgrading mine.

I would pay or barter for someone in my area (Detroit, Flint, Port Huron, MI) who has experience upgrading ROMS on Windows Mobile Phone devices to upgrade mine. I am especially seeking someone who has upgraded the Verizon VX6800 succesfully.

Barring that, I would welcome news of a company that can do this for me and turn the unit around for shipping rapidly.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850 Touch pro

apache500 is just getting started
Re: Would pay experienced upgrader!

Its actually really simple. Just follow the instructions on upgrading for dummies in the sticky. It has all the links to all the files you need. Thats what I did and I have a Verizon xv6800. I would do it for you but im not local. If you havn't yet so some research maybe you will change your mind. Im using DCD's 2.3.2
Old 04-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache500 View Post
Its actually really simple. Just follow the instructions on upgrading for dummies in the sticky. It has all the links to all the files you need. Thats what I did and I have a Verizon xv6800. I would do it for you but im not local. If you havn't yet so some research maybe you will change your mind. Im using DCD's 2.3.2
take a stab at it yourself.. i am a verizon xv6800 user as well, and was nervous as all get out to touch the rom.
but i did it.. i actually compiled a word doc with print screens showing step by step of what i did (through the bootloader, and the kitchen).
it was specifically for a No2Chem rom, but is essentially the same, as long as your going to load a rom from a 'kitchen'..
the 2 popular kitchens are the PPCkitchen, and the DCD kitchen.

the most intimidating thing for me was the bootloader/unlocker step.. once you get the hang of that, flashing will actualy be fun.
MAKE SURE first, that you can get a valid active-sync connection from your phone to your computer.. thats key.. if you can't do that, forget it..
Old 04-05-2008, 01:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
take a stab at it yourself.. i am a verizon xv6800 user as well, and was nervous as all get out to touch the rom.
but i did it.. i actually compiled a word doc with print screens showing step by step of what i did (through the bootloader, and the kitchen).
it was specifically for a No2Chem rom, but is essentially the same, as long as your going to load a rom from a 'kitchen'..
the 2 popular kitchens are the PPCkitchen, and the DCD kitchen.

the most intimidating thing for me was the bootloader/unlocker step.. once you get the hang of that, flashing will actualy be fun.
MAKE SURE first, that you can get a valid active-sync connection from your phone to your computer.. thats key.. if you can't do that, forget it..
im in grand rapids michigan and if you want we can meet up and ill teach you how to do it if you wanna do summtin like that... its not that bad really bro... actually really easy.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Threadstarter

Bookman375 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19 View Post
im in grand rapids michigan and if you want we can meet up and ill teach you how to do it if you wanna do summtin like that... its not that bad really bro... actually really easy.
Well, as much as I'd like to tackle this, I'd hate to brick this phone. And I'm going to be in GR from Tuesday through Friday of the coming week. Hmmm...

Mike
Old 04-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Half the fun is doing it yourself.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman375 View Post
Well, as much as I'd like to tackle this, I'd hate to brick this phone. And I'm going to be in GR from Tuesday through Friday of the coming week. Hmmm...

Mike
try these steps then (XP steps I use)
#1 sync your phone to your pc via active sync
#2 run olipro 2.40 (it can be found in the sticky olipro 2.40)
#3 if your screen becomes red blue and yellow, it is a good sign. FOllow the instructions on the dos prompt, and it will lead you to Rom Upgrade Utility (RUU) to install Hard SPL. Go through with this install. Once this is done, it will lead you back to the black dos olipro program
#4 Now in the taskbar, there is the active sync. Maximize, click file in active sync settings and uncheck USB connections.
#5 Go back to the dos prompt (olipro) and press any key. Then your device will soft reset.
Next install Spring ROM 3.35
#6 it is crucial that once installation of this rom completes, you will be taken to windows tap the device to start. At this point, DO NOT TAP
if you used any kitchen (DCD, nuekitchen, ppckitchen) and you are on the step of the RUU beginning, you can flash that rom at this point. It will be really fast (much faster than the sprint rom install)
#7 now once the rom is done, I use ppckitchen. I remove my battery for 30 seconds, insert it, and then hard reset.
#8 once your screen is aligned and you are taken to the main screen, soft reset because sprint customizations usually run for me. So I soft reset.
And that is all!
Old 04-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I can honestly say if I can flash to a new ROM, anyone can. I am probably the least knowledgeable person about the inner workings of a cell phone. I flashed my 6700 all the time, I upgraded to the new Mogul ROM with out a problem. It really is simple, if I still lived in Toledo I would do it for a case of good imported beer, but alas, I moved.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 04-05-2008, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
I can honestly say if I can flash to a new ROM, anyone can. I am probably the least knowledgeable person about the inner workings of a cell phone. I flashed my 6700 all the time, I upgraded to the new Mogul ROM with out a problem. It really is simple, if I still lived in Toledo I would do it for a case of good imported beer, but alas, I moved.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer i love beeeeeerrr

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan