PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Lurker

dani_california is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
not the same mogul alarm issue :(

i've had my phone for a month now.. everything was fine. then suddenly my alarm isn't waking me up anymore. i tried everything. leave phone off, on, charging, not charging.. blah blah blah...

AND when i switch from vibrate mode to ring mode, it SAYS it's been switched but it STILL DOESN'T RING. i'm so pissed. should i return it?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b
Re: not the same mogul alarm issue :(

i would say to try a hard reset before you return anything. also, try a program called spb time, much better alarm clock. as far as switching from vibrate to ring, i've never had that issue. im hoping you've at least tried a soft reset? sometimes things just get strange and need a soft reset.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

if a soft reset is using my stylus to press the little button at the bottom of the phone near the charger port, then yes. i actually have to do this a couple times a day to make sure i'm getting all my texts and stuff. usually right after it restarts, i get an influx of unread messages. it's pretty weird.

i don't know how to perform a hard reset, but i heard i have to back everything up.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:07 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_california View Post
if a soft reset is using my stylus to press the little button at the bottom of the phone near the charger port, then yes. i actually have to do this a couple times a day to make sure i'm getting all my texts and stuff. usually right after it restarts, i get an influx of unread messages. it's pretty weird.
i don't know how to perform a hard reset, but i heard i have to back everything up.
If you have to soft reset your phone a couple times a day you need to hard reset your phone or flash a different rom. That is not normal and your alarm is the least of your worries..
Old 04-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

UGH. thanks. i think i shoulda gotten the treo.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:21 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_california View Post
UGH. thanks. i think i shoulda gotten the treo.
No way hose. You got the right phone. I felt the same way back months ago when the 6800 first came out. In the beginning if you would have asked I would have told ya it was the biggest piece of sh*t I ever owned. Now hands down its one of the best I have had.
I have had treo's and Blackberry's but its all about the 6800 now.
What Rom are you running? Rom version?

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-04-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b

yea, you definitely need a hard reset. i recommend 1 of 2 options. if you dont have much free time and dont care to learn about your phone, just flash to the newest sprint rom, there is one with GPS enabled somewhere out there, dont know if it's officially gone on htc's website or not.

the better option (and much more time consuming) would be to upgrade to one of the custom roms. it will teach a bit about your device, and you will feel much more confident in what you do with it later on. i believe the most popular roms these days are dcd's rom and nuerom. personally i use neurom (if you like it, no2chem is accepting donations, he is just a student, he could use them), it is very minimalistic and runs quite nicely. yes, i do believe it is possible to brick (make it unusable) your phone if you mess up, but i've never had this problem and if you have the insurance, which i recommend, you can just get it replaced. here is the link to that rom:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17219

and yes, with either option, and with just getting your phone replaced, definitely back up your data, especially your contacts. you should be doing that anyways, many of people have lost their contacts from one glitch or another, activesync is buggy. i would recommend creating backups outside of outlook as well as i've heard of people having their outlook contacts deleted.

hope that helps,
Ryan

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan