PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 04:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

hyun1120 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question regarding insurance replacement

After upgrading the firmware to the lastest 3.35 Official ROM, my mogul has been acting up.
Basically my hard button (green one) needs to be pressed 15-20 times before it recognizes one press, most was 38 presses.

I have taken the phone into full service sprint store, and the tech would not service the phone, because it works. it only took 4 presses in front of him.

After getting hung up several times while on hold with the phon CR, I contacted ecare asking for warranty replacement. Phone is less than 7 months old.
I've explained what I had gone through, at the store and over the phone.

They got back to me with the following :

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Sprint. I will be happy to assist you
regarding your Total Equipment Protection Plan.

Unfortunately, I will need to refer you to contact the insurance company
who administers your cell phone insurance, Asurion at 1-800-584-3666.

Please be advised a $50.00 non-refundable deductible applies on all
approved replacements for lost, stolen, liquid or physically damaged
claims.

The deductible must be paid before Asurion can complete the claims
process and it can not be billed to the account. The deductible must be
paid directly to Asurion.

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to
respond back to this e-mail.

Thank you for choosing Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Meghan S.
E-Care
Sprint
So I ended up going through the insurance to order the replacement, and the rep confimred that I will be getting brand new one instead of a refub.

Now my questions are,,

1. was there any other way I could have handled this to, not use the insurance and just gotten it as a warranty replacement?, since there is a cap of 2 replacements or something.

2. what do I do with the current one which will get replaced. Am I suppose to send this one back to Asurion??

If anyone who had replacement experience with Asurion shed some light on this matter, I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Re: Question regarding insurance replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyun1120 View Post

1. was there any other way I could have handled this to, not use the insurance and just gotten it as a warranty replacement?, since there is a cap of 2 replacements or something.
I think it's a 2 PER YEAR cap..
so don't sweat it.....
Old 04-03-2008, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 :D
Carrier: Verizon

harpua is just getting started

yeah, 2 per year..and you're going to have to send the original back. they'll provide the shipping label, all you should have to do is drop it off at the, (whoever they're shipping with) place.

i dont know about the warranty replacement, read something about that a few days ago, you mean directly through htc, huh? yeah, that sounds decent, did you check that route out?
Old 04-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you have TEP you can take it into a repair store and not have to pay anything. I don't know why care is telling people to make a claim with asurion. If you don't get the desired results from the basic tech, talk to a manager.

The only time you need to get your phone replaced via asurion is if it's lost, stolen, or liquid damaged.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
If you have TEP you can take it into a repair store and not have to pay anything. .
TEP?

I've been considering adding Ins. so threads like this catch my attention..
Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Is it just me or is the replacement policy kind of sketchy? Seems like everybody has a different experience.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

hyun1120 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
If you have TEP you can take it into a repair store and not have to pay anything. I don't know why care is telling people to make a claim with asurion. If you don't get the desired results from the basic tech, talk to a manager.

The only time you need to get your phone replaced via asurion is if it's lost, stolen, or liquid damaged.
Yeah, I guess it was my wrong doing of not speaking to a manager at the store I took the phone into. But I was in a hurry, and also I was quite shocked by the response I got from the tech.
This is what really happended to me a the store.

Quote:
I did take the phone into a sprint store which is a full service location, but they will not take my phone even to test it out. The rep took the phone to the back after I explained what it was doing, came back out with the supposedly a technician after few minutes. The technician told me he will not service the phone, because it works. I went onto tell him what it was doing, and I was able to show it to him at that spot, but this time, the phone recognized the press after about 4 presses. The tech literally said, "see, it works".

This is not acceptable for a phone that I paid over $500, and sure not an acceptable service and response I would expect from a customer rep and the tech.
So, I guess I could have eliminated the process of going through insurance and paying $50, if I just took the time to speak to a manager.

I guess everyone has different experiences with them, some people getting the replacement right at the store,, and some being forwarded to insurance, mine just did not work out too well.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

hyun1120 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpua View Post
you mean directly through htc, huh?
This is part from the email I sent over to ecares...

Quote:
I have contacted HTC, and they will NOT,,, let me repeat,, they will NOT provide any support for the Mogul, based on the deal sprint and HTC made. They told me I have to report/contact sprint directly if I need any kind of warranty issue.

Why is it so hard for me to get a warranty replacement? The phone is under warranty, and according to manufacturer (HTC), Sprint is the sole company which will provide any support for the phone, meaning Sprint should take care of warranty replacements.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

micahmicahmicah is a n00b

I have TEP - I dropped my phone and a button broke. I brought it into a sprint store and they gave me a replacement. Looked brand new to me, though it was probably used.

TEP costs $7/month for some, and less for others
Motorola : S9, T505
Proclip : Mogul Mount, move clip system, WRX & 350Z Dash mounts
Old 04-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

E-care told me to pay $50 and they would refund it. But you can order a free replacement under TEP online without going through a rep. They overnight you a new phone, you put your phone back in the box and stick the label they give you on it and drop it in a mailbox.

The refub I got looks brand new, but it does have a refurb date in PST. It works better than the phone I sent back that had a broken K key, d-pad didn't work right, and white spots on screen.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan