PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
Out of Memory Error

Pimp Down!
Lately i have been getting this Out of Memory exception Error ALOT. I am running IFONZ with not many customizations and no animations, and i run S2U and S2P from time to time, but anytime i have S2P open in the background and try to open any other app i get the out of memory error or the music starts to skip, DRIVING ME CRAZY. So i am asking of all of the different ROMs available which would be suggested that would have the largest amount of program memory available at startup, and would manage memory the best. Also if there is an App that will regulate memory on a consistent basis (when a program closes, reallocate that mem back to free prog. memory) then i think that would also be a possible solution to my problem. Anyone who can offer some help to a Pimp in Distress will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Out of Memory Error

I have no2chem's lastest rom with WM 6.1 and the newest HTC radio. After a soft reset I come in with 23-24MB free memory available. I don't run a lot of eye candy stuff, just HTC Home, and never go below 15MB free, even with messaging, windows media player and skyfire open.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17219
Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have no2chem's lastest rom with WM 6.1 and the newest HTC radio. After a soft reset I come in with 23-24MB free memory available. I don't run a lot of eye candy stuff, just HTC Home, and never go below 15MB free, even with messaging, windows media player and skyfire open.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17219
how are you doing this? skyfire needs at least 12 megs by itself!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
how are you doing this? skyfire needs at least 12 megs by itself!
What I am saying is that I can be playing music with WMP, have messaging open, then open Skyfire, and have no issues. No slowness, no memory issues, nothing. When I close Skyfire again and look at memory utilization, I am never more than 65%, which equates to 17MB+ free. If Skyfire does require at least 12MB, than either I am dancing on a thin line or am just plain lucky.

Though I cannot find on their site where it states how much memory the application requires...
Old 04-03-2008, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
What I am saying is that I can be playing music with WMP, have messaging open, then open Skyfire, and have no issues. No slowness, no memory issues, nothing. When I close Skyfire again and look at memory utilization, I am never more than 65%, which equates to 17MB+ free. If Skyfire does require at least 12MB, than either I am dancing on a thin line or am just plain lucky.

Though I cannot find on their site where it states how much memory the application requires...
i see. when skyfire first came out it said it somewhere. i just got sick of the memory issues, ima touch convert now
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

I got so many programs when I start my Mogul I get 14-15MB free very sad. And after few program ends up 5-6MB, memmaid+Oxios helps bring the memory back up to 12. Thinking of rebooting whole ppc and start fresh.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
i see. when skyfire first came out it said it somewhere. i just got sick of the memory issues, ima touch convert now
I know you are a convert now and yet you can't stay away from the Titan forum

The memory issues with the Titan can be a problem, if you want to run all kinds of crap on startup. I personally prefer to keep it minimalistic and enjoy the free memory. When I am done using an application I always close it, much like I do on my desktop PC. And that has 4GB of RAM!!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows mobile 6.1

avatar1961 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to avatar1961

Got a question about the Out of Memory stuff. About 1 month ago I took my Apache to Sprint and they told me the mic and speaker were dead, so they gave me a Mogul (and took $55). I tried to get them to give me a Touch because of all the Memory issues I had read about, but no luck. Still, I was happy to get the Mogul, especially for just $55....heck I only paid $88 (plus 2 year contract) for the Apache in the first place!

I have NEVER gotten the dreaded Out of Memory error. I got in the habit with the Apache to do a "real" close on programs, so rarely have more than 3 or 4 things going. I did load quite a bit of stuff and only have about 6MB free of Program memory and 60MB Storage. I have all my music and GPS maps on an 8GB SanDisk microSD card (still have around 3GB free).

I probably don't run as much as most of the users here, but I frequently run IGuidance 3.0 and play music with Windows Media player streaming car stereo via my Motorola Bluetooth/FM Transmitter and use my phone as a (gasp!) phone at the same time...hands free of course

Am I just lucky? What does it take to get this error? This is what I have loaded:

AE Button Plus
AstroGPSLauncher
INav IGuidance 3.0
GpsGate 2.0
Total Commander
10key Comm Manager
HTC Home
HTC Home Customizer
HTC Touch Keyboard + Keypad
HTC WMP Touch Skin
HTC Large Start menu
HTC Large Title Bar
HTC Waitcursor Skin
Microsoft Voice Command 1.6
MortScript
PocketCM Contacts 2.0
PHM Registry Editor
PPC-Visuals MobileVista Phone dialer
pShades-Waterandfire Dialpad
Spb Backup
Spb Diary
Spb ELF Calculator Skin
Spb Mobile Shell
Spb Weather
TSI TMTraveler (Troopmaster record keeping for Boy Scout Troop...I'm a Scoutmaster)
Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I am running SPB Phone, Weather, Time and Pocket Plus. I am streaming radio, surfing the net on Opera or PIE and responding to text and emails and I have never had the out of memory message pop up. I have GPSviewer, TomTom Navigator, MobiTV, TCPMP Live Search and Yahoo Go!, along with the WM Office and the games that come on the phone, also my mail is update every 30 min.I see people whinning about the low memory and jumpin to the Touch, and I look at my Mogul and wonder what they are doing wrong, LOL, just kidding, sort of.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 04-10-2008, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
I am running SPB Phone, Weather, Time and Pocket Plus. I am streaming radio, surfing the net on Opera or PIE..........
Are you talking about opera mini, or opera mobile? Just curious, cuz opera mobile takes up alot of ram.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan