PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

lucky644 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

Stupid question but....is there any freakin' way to speed up the process? It's awfully slow when switching between them.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

do u have any programs running when u try that..?? i've noticed whenever i do an oxios clean, a lot of things tend to work a lil faster... "s2u2, slider screen change, phone calls show up quicker"...
Old 03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lucky644 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
do u have any programs running when u try that..?? i've noticed whenever i do an oxios clean, a lot of things tend to work a lil faster... "s2u2, slider screen change, phone calls show up quicker"...
Fresh soft restart, nothing running, I have no extra programs except spb weather.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky644 View Post
Stupid question but....is there any freakin' way to speed up the process? It's awfully slow when switching between them.
if you are running one of the earlier oem roms, you could go into the registry using phm or resco registry editor...go to hkey_local_machine\system\gdi\glyphcache and look for the dword limit,,, change the dec value to 8096, that increases some of the vectoring cache for characters and whatnot..,
I wouldnt go past that though,, above that it eats more precious memory, and really doesnt give any more performance,,,
mine was at 6144, i changed it to 8096 and it seemed to help with the landscape/portrait switch

not sure about it though if your running a newer or cooked rom,, most of them Ive ran across have already had this done...

just be sure to look first,, and see what its setting at,, and make sure you back up your registry key before doing this,,,
just in case...
Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lucky644 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post
if you are running one of the earlier oem roms, you could go into the registry using phm or resco registry editor...go to hkey_local_machine\system\gdi\glyphcache and look for the dword limit,,, change the dec value to 8096, that increases some of the vectoring cache for characters and whatnot..,
I wouldnt go past that though,, above that it eats more precious memory, and really doesnt give any more performance,,,
mine was at 6144, i changed it to 8096 and it seemed to help with the landscape/portrait switch

not sure about it though if your running a newer or cooked rom,, most of them Ive ran across have already had this done...

just be sure to look first,, and see what its setting at,, and make sure you back up your registry key before doing this,,,
just in case...
I'm on the latest official Sprint rom.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

even on the official rom I would still go in and check,, I think mine showed 6000 something,, so I changed it to 8096 and it helped...
Old 04-08-2008, 03:14 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lucky644 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post
even on the official rom I would still go in and check,, I think mine showed 6000 something,, so I changed it to 8096 and it helped...

I had a look, mine is already set to 8192 (DEC value)
Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lucky644 is a n00b

To the guy who said 'learn to say thank you'

I would, except that my problem wasn't resolved. That reminds me of people who expect tips whether they deserve them or not.

It's still way slower than I'd expect when switching, even on a fresh install of WM.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky644 View Post
To the guy who said 'learn to say thank you'

I would, except that my problem wasn't resolved. That reminds me of people who expect tips whether they deserve them or not.

It's still way slower than I'd expect when switching, even on a fresh install of WM.
try this

hklm/system/gdi/glyphcache set the cache size to 32768

hklm/system/storage manager/fatfs set the cache size to 4069

hklm/system/storage manager/filters/fsreplxfilt set the replstoragecache to 4069

and that should help you out if not let me know and i have some thing else that will help make it alot faster

ohh yeah i forgot to add after you do all that soft reset the phone and go back to all of them and make sure that they stayed at what i told you to change them to if not do it all over again it usually stays the first time but not always once it stays then there you go you should notice a diffrence in the speed and make sure that active sync is not running it takes up alot of memory and makes your phone run slow and dont run to many things on your today screen cause that slows down the from switching from landscape to portrait let me know how it works out >>>>>

Last edited by s4n3_0n3; 06-23-2008 at 08:12 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan