PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22898)

lucky644 03-31-2008 09:21 PM

Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

Stupid question but....is there any freakin' way to speed up the process? It's awfully slow when switching between them.

JDM_SOHC 03-31-2008 09:41 PM

Re: Switching between landscape and portrait slowdowns

do u have any programs running when u try that..?? i've noticed whenever i do an oxios clean, a lot of things tend to work a lil faster... "s2u2, slider screen change, phone calls show up quicker"...

lucky644 03-31-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 236603)
do u have any programs running when u try that..?? i've noticed whenever i do an oxios clean, a lot of things tend to work a lil faster... "s2u2, slider screen change, phone calls show up quicker"...

Fresh soft restart, nothing running, I have no extra programs except spb weather.

midiology 04-01-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky644 (Post 236587)
Stupid question but....is there any freakin' way to speed up the process? It's awfully slow when switching between them.

if you are running one of the earlier oem roms, you could go into the registry using phm or resco registry editor...go to hkey_local_machine\system\gdi\glyphcache and look for the dword limit,,, change the dec value to 8096, that increases some of the vectoring cache for characters and whatnot..,
I wouldnt go past that though,, above that it eats more precious memory, and really doesnt give any more performance,,,
mine was at 6144, i changed it to 8096 and it seemed to help with the landscape/portrait switch

not sure about it though if your running a newer or cooked rom,, most of them Ive ran across have already had this done...

just be sure to look first,, and see what its setting at,, and make sure you back up your registry key before doing this,,,
just in case...

lucky644 04-01-2008 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midiology (Post 236824)
if you are running one of the earlier oem roms, you could go into the registry using phm or resco registry editor...go to hkey_local_machine\system\gdi\glyphcache and look for the dword limit,,, change the dec value to 8096, that increases some of the vectoring cache for characters and whatnot..,
I wouldnt go past that though,, above that it eats more precious memory, and really doesnt give any more performance,,,
mine was at 6144, i changed it to 8096 and it seemed to help with the landscape/portrait switch

not sure about it though if your running a newer or cooked rom,, most of them Ive ran across have already had this done...

just be sure to look first,, and see what its setting at,, and make sure you back up your registry key before doing this,,,
just in case...

I'm on the latest official Sprint rom.

midiology 04-06-2008 10:34 AM

even on the official rom I would still go in and check,, I think mine showed 6000 something,, so I changed it to 8096 and it helped...

lucky644 04-08-2008 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midiology (Post 242141)
even on the official rom I would still go in and check,, I think mine showed 6000 something,, so I changed it to 8096 and it helped...

I had a look, mine is already set to 8192 (DEC value)

lucky644 06-19-2008 10:27 PM

To the guy who said 'learn to say thank you'

I would, except that my problem wasn't resolved. That reminds me of people who expect tips whether they deserve them or not.

It's still way slower than I'd expect when switching, even on a fresh install of WM.

s4n3_0n3 06-23-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky644 (Post 320002)
To the guy who said 'learn to say thank you'

I would, except that my problem wasn't resolved. That reminds me of people who expect tips whether they deserve them or not.

It's still way slower than I'd expect when switching, even on a fresh install of WM.

try this

hklm/system/gdi/glyphcache set the cache size to 32768

hklm/system/storage manager/fatfs set the cache size to 4069

hklm/system/storage manager/filters/fsreplxfilt set the replstoragecache to 4069

and that should help you out if not let me know and i have some thing else that will help make it alot faster

ohh yeah i forgot to add after you do all that soft reset the phone and go back to all of them and make sure that they stayed at what i told you to change them to if not do it all over again it usually stays the first time but not always once it stays then there you go you should notice a diffrence in the speed and make sure that active sync is not running it takes up alot of memory and makes your phone run slow and dont run to many things on your today screen cause that slows down the from switching from landscape to portrait let me know how it works out >>>>>