PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replacement case colors

I have seen the video on the replacement to black. I have searched what seems everywhere. My wjfe would get a mogul too if it were green. Anybody seen yet? I thing it would not be too hard to replace. I work on this stuff in field, not cell phones.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

afbond03 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Replacement case colors

The only other housing I have seen is the black housing and I know it runs around $120. Most of the kits come with the appropriate screw driver just not instructions, but I am sure one could figure it out with the proper tools. Don't really think housing is worth $120. Maybe take off your original housing and paint it with model car paint.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was looking into this as well, dung beetle rainbow black or metallic pearl green would be nice.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=black+housing

I am guessing you could use acrylic paint on a regular housing for different colors. Perhaps air brush the housing.. Don't know if you would have to prepare the surface or prime it to hold, as most of those cheapy covers found at the mall kiosk tend to chip and flake.. Atleast you could attempt to paint the unit without taking it apart, just cover up the parts you don't want painted really well.

Would be nice if there was a way to rubberize color coat the housings

Humm Home Depot sells that rubber handle stuff for tools... humm..

-CC
Old 04-03-2008, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b

$55.99 (out of stock) here - http://tech-zone4world.com/shop/spri...ng-p-1170.html

But I am thinking that a color change is a good enough reason (to me) to rip apart a $500 device. Besides, the current color isn't that bad.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuse94 View Post
$55.99 (out of stock) here - http://tech-zone4world.com/shop/spri...ng-p-1170.html

But I am thinking that a color change is a good enough reason (to me) to rip apart a $500 device. Besides, the current color isn't that bad.
I have a hairline crack in my case along the side of the phone, leading from the top side of the bulge under the slider, all the way to the screen. If this gets worse, and once the phone's out of warranty, it might be a reasonable time to consider changing the case. That said, it might also be a reasonable time to pay the $50 and use my insurance to replace it.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

These things aren't that easy to take apart. If you are handy enough you can probably do it, but I would venture to say the average person could not.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Regardless of what you do. If you try to take apart any casings, do yourself a favor and invest in those plastic pry tools, a torx 6 and small philips screw driver set. Lots of them on ebay as ipod case tools and cheap. This is what I got, since I had a few craftman torx from Sears already.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

hawkins31313 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to hawkins31313

Is there anywhere i can but a skin for it?not the hard case that is wraped in but the rubber/plastic cover for it
Old 04-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas
Threadstarter

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
These things aren't that easy to take apart. If you are handy enough you can probably do it, but I would venture to say the average person could not.
Thats what I tried say at start I work on electrical componets. So no big deal.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

there's a gel skins manufacturer on ebay. i was going to buy one from him, htey have hundreds literally for moguls, except didn't have it for extended back cover so i didn't buy one, look up gelskins on ebay.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan