PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
Warranty vs. Insurance

Yesterday i was trying to get my phone to "wake up" and when i pressed the power button it went in and is now stuck like half way down and its kind of off to the side where i cant get it. The phone is still under 1 year old, is this something that will be covered by the warranty, or will it be an insurance issue. Thanks for any advice, i know some people here have experienced similar problems and just wanted to see how you handled it.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gentner8 is a n00b
Re: Warranty vs. Insurance

They will probably cover it under warranty. Try it first and then if it doesnt work, call the ins. company.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

Great idea. Maybe HTC can cover my phone for my wifi issues? I think I read somewhere on xda that someone was going through some warranty/ins issues and he got the run around between Sprint and HTC.

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (
Old 04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
aorick

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The same thing happened to my PPC 6800. I did a warranty replacement and they sent it back to me saying it was damaged. I called them and told them there was no way that it was damaged. They told me to send it back in and they would take another look at it. I haven't heard back from them so they must be covering it. I was wondering how many people this has happened to. I know there is no way mine was damaged. I never dropped it and it had never been out of my sight.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:47 PM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

All they are gonna do is **** you with it anyway so just use the ins as follows... turn phone off, call them and say its gone! lost forever in the lake! whatever... then get a new replacement sent to you and just use the old one if you can as a toy for trying new software. just my thought after being screwed over by all these companies
Old 04-03-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Racincason is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i work for sprint. It sounds like you have an advanced exchange issue. if you go into a sprint store tell them what's going on they will get u a new one orderd if you go to sprint corp. store they will exchange it in the store. because it's considered normal wear and tear.

RACINcason

Sprint Emp Plan 25$ a month unl. everything + 25$ in free downloads
Old 04-03-2008, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Racincason is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearls View Post
All they are gonna do is **** you with it anyway so just use the ins as follows... turn phone off, call them and say its gone! lost forever in the lake! whatever... then get a new replacement sent to you and just use the old one if you can as a toy for trying new software. just my thought after being screwed over by all these companies
lol insurance fraud isbad lol
Old 04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I might be an idiot but I have never purchased an insurance plan for a phone. It's never mattered yet and with my Treo I ended up voiding the warranty because it was easier to fix a keyboard hardware issue than get the thing fixed. I've just never needed a warranty and I figure if I get stuck buying a new device someday because I didn't have insurance, I will be able to afford it with all the money I saved on premiums
Old 04-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you have ESRP, just take it to a store. You don't have to use insurance for everything, only if it's lost, stolen, or liquid damaged.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

Sprint is ordering me another Mogul. I went in and complained about my wifi issues and they put in an order for a "New" mogul. It was free since I have the insurance and the phone wasn't in a damaged condition. If the phone was in damaged condition then it would have cost me $50.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan