PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 (HTC Titan)
Carrier: Verizon

WannaBeSedated is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Help!!! What have I done???

Ok, so I will start off by stating that I am totally new to MOD'ing mobile phones. I just got my new XV6800 up and running today and was searching around for apps to make it more "touch screen" friendly. I came across posts stating that I could turn on the internal GPS and I was stoked.

So, I downloaded the files, followed the directions and now I am STUCK! The Verizon version of of the ROM file I downloaded won't load and my screen won't leave the TITA100 SPL-2.40.01ipro. I have searched for numerous files to assist me in returning the phone to factory new, but the files are either corrupt OR RUU tells me I cannot use the file on my phone.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I have done lots of hacking in my past and usually can get myself out of a jam with a little googling. But in this case, I cannot find files or sites that have been able to assist me.

Thanks in advance!

WannaBeSedated...
Old 03-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

krlane is a n00b
Re: Help!!! What have I done???

Have you looked at this Thread yet?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9229

It should help you get out of the bootloader.

Post back your results, if you are still having trouble I might be able to
walk you through it.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WannaBeSedated is a n00b

Well, I took the easy way out due to time restrictions. I took it back to Verizon! Thankfully, they swapped it out with no hassle.

Now that I have a working phone again, I am still willing to try this again, but I am wondering if there is a bit of a better guide then what I have found so far. I'd really love to activate the built-in GPS, but I don't have time to quasi-brick another phone. It seemed really straight forward until the dcd-210 file I tried to use was bad (crc check fails during unpacking). Not asking for hand holding, but I'd really like to understand the process and locate actually working files.

Also, is there a way to back up the existing ROM from the phone prior to attempting this again? I'd really like to be able to get the phone back to normal if someone goes wrong again.

Thanks!!! Cheers...

Last edited by WannaBeSedated; 03-30-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21167
Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeSedated View Post
Well, I took the easy way out due to time restrictions. I took it back to Verizon! Thankfully, they swapped it out with no hassle.

Now that I have a working phone again, I am still willing to try this again, but I am wondering if there is a bit of a better guide then what I have found so far. I'd really love to activate the built-in GPS, but I don't have time to quasi-brick another phone. It seemed really straight forward until the dcd-210 file I tried to use was bad (crc check fails during unpacking). Not asking for hand holding, but I'd really like to understand the process and locate actually working files.

Also, is there a way to back up the existing ROM from the phone prior to attempting this again? I'd really like to be able to get the phone back to normal if someone goes wrong again.

Thanks!!! Cheers...
Hey thats not fair,,, lol... you really could easily have gotten it to boot out of the bootloader... and it probably would have put some hair on your chest to try and do it before running to home base and screaming not it not it.. lol
just giving you a hard time...
no really though,, that has been a common problem,,, sticking in the bootloader like that and there are quite a few threads about it and a couple of different ways to fix it,, and actually doing them is a very good learning experience,, and if you start this sick never ending loop of flashing/tweaking you can look forward to many of many of problems like this and many nights feeling that little sink in your gut thinking you just bricked your phone.. but 99 percent of the time with a little patience, perserverence, searching, reading, and patience, oh and did i mention patience? you can usually succeed...

good luck in the future and have fun with your new toy
Old 05-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WannaBeSedated is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post
Hey thats not fair,,, lol... you really could easily have gotten it to boot out of the bootloader... and it probably would have put some hair on your chest to try and do it before running to home base and screaming not it not it.. lol
just giving you a hard time...
no really though,, that has been a common problem,,, sticking in the bootloader like that and there are quite a few threads about it and a couple of different ways to fix it,, and actually doing them is a very good learning experience,, and if you start this sick never ending loop of flashing/tweaking you can look forward to many of many of problems like this and many nights feeling that little sink in your gut thinking you just bricked your phone.. but 99 percent of the time with a little patience, perserverence, searching, reading, and patience, oh and did i mention patience? you can usually succeed...

good luck in the future and have fun with your new toy
Thanks for the reply. I actually spent a weekend learning this stuff and realized that I was on the right path, but the phone needed a little proding with utility to release me from the CSoD (Colored Screen of Death). This past weekend I actually loaded my own cooked ROM, tweaked, and reloaded. So, I am on the path to nirvana. Now, if I could just get as close as possible to a TouchFlo/Cube like environment on my phone, I'd be stoked.

Cheers...
Old 05-29-2008, 12:47 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeSedated View Post
I actually spent a weekend learning this stuff and realized that I was on the right path, but the phone needed a little proding with utility to release me from the CSoD (Colored Screen of Death). This past weekend I actually loaded my own cooked ROM, tweaked, and reloaded. So, I am on the path to nirvana.
Cheers...
Welcome Here................

Last edited by Lsme420; 05-29-2008 at 12:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan