PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 (Verizon)

Wayno-san is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbwheel woes

I like to use the thumbwheel on the XV6800 but I'm having a couple of issues. First, the thumbwheel on my phone has an inconsistent feel. That is, it rolls easy for a portion of the turn, tightens up, and then rolls easy again. This makes it difficult to use. I was thinking of spraying some silicone lube in there but I'm afraid it might effect the phone in a detrimental way that I haven't thought of. Thoughts?

The second, and just as annoying is that my index finger typically ends up around the power button area so when I push in the thumbwheel to select whatever option I end up turning off the display! This is super annoying. Anyone found a work around? I see that you cannot remap the power button in the settings. It would make more sense to remap it to the camera button if possible.

Finally, I'd like to get set up a way to activate/deactivate bluetooth off of the today screen and remap the comm manager button to something else (I typically only use the comm manager to switch bluetooth off or on).

Edit Add: One last thing... is there a way to make it default to the block recognizer after a soft reset?

Suggestions welcome.

Wayno-san

Last edited by Wayno-san; 03-29-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

justinwheelon is a n00b
Re: Thumbwheel woes

I do wish the click wheel was on the right side like a blackberry but hey oh well not a big deal
Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 (Verizon)
Threadstarter

Wayno-san is a n00b

No other comments? Perhaps if/how to reprogram the power button and set the default to block recognizer?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno-san View Post
No other comments? Perhaps if/how to reprogram the power button and set the default to block recognizer?
Maybe this will help- SPB Pocket plus

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...ml?en#btnswhat

It has a list of nifty features including the ability to remap the buttons using long and short presses. I believe they have a trail period as well.

Good luck.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

i dont think the thumbwheel is supposed to turn? just directional... i dont think its an ipod wheel, however i have the verizon version, but thats how my friends 6800 (who has sprint) is. you are probably untwisting the screw that comes out the thumbwheel which is why sometimes it is loose and other times tight
Old 04-03-2008, 11:00 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno-san View Post

Finally, I'd like to get set up a way to activate/deactivate bluetooth off of the today screen and remap the comm manager button to something else (I typically only use the comm manager to switch bluetooth off or on).
SPB Phone Suite will allow you to have a BT enable/disable button on the today screen, then just go settings>buttons and remap your com button to something else.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

still.focused is a n00b

They shoulda left it in the same position from the 6700
Out of the way
I found my answer was the PIE button
When in ur left hand put ur thumb on the wheel, index finger on the top of the phone and wrap ur middle around the back kinda even wit the PIE button
When in ur right hand again rest ur index on the top and wrap ur middle around to the wheel and rest ur thumb on the side of the phone about even to where the PIE button is

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan