PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sifter is keeping up the good workSifter is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Motorola T505 paired with a Mogul

I just received the T505 and have been playing with it for about an hour or so. Got it paired up with my Mogul and Im not impressed. Based on other reviews, I thought the sound quality would be as good, or better than over the air regular radio stations. Not the case. Ive tried different mp3's, as well as streaming internet radio from Resco Radio.

Whatever station it finds free, there is a constant ever so slight hiss in the background while playing the music, kinda muffled, almost identical to the old tape adapters that you would pop into the tape player. Ive used several different stations, 88.9, 93.1, 92.9, 88.5, and all have the same sound. Its not a crisp clean sound like even a regular radio station has.

Last night, before receiving my T505, I headed over to best buy and paired my Mogul with the Pioneer blue tooth head unit, and that sounded excellent!

I would like to hear from other T505 owners and their experiences with this device and its sound quality.

I purchased mine from n1wireless.com for around 85 bucks.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

docangle is becoming a great contributor
Re: Motorola T505 paired with a Mogul

The sound quality over FM is not that great, I don't think it has to do with the mogul, the sound quality from my Samsung is not much better. I think there is some hacks to improve the sound quality (A2DP Stereo and the Mogul) I have not tried them. Using the T505 as a Wireless Speakerphone rocks, the sound quality through the speaker is great, and people tell me I sound much better using the T505 than the Mogul direct.

I have tried using the BlueAnt Supertooth Light, which also works well, but does not have the Audio Caller ID, Auto-Off, and the FM Transmitter with A2DP support. Also the T505 built-in speaker is louder at max volume.

Last edited by docangle; 03-27-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

scoobdude is just getting started

i received mine about a week ago. I have tried it with audio manager and tcpmp (previous supports the t505 controls). calls all sound great and the radio sounds excellent. I just wish i could turn the volume up higher so my radio woudl not have to be as loud.

I have used neu's audio para file and it helped some, but its still to low. I have the volume on the phone all the way up, and audio manager is at 80% If i turn audio manager any higher it will "clip" and does not sound as good.

where are these A2DP reg hacks you are talking about?

either way the radio part sounds really good to me.

Here is a list of what i am using:

alpine 9833 HU
factory speakers (04 wrx)
t505
sprint mogul with keys kitchen
neu's audio para app

Also in regards to different mp3's i get much better sound from Chromeo than i do any of the punk rock i listen too. Plenty of bass.

Also remember that radio is = to about 64kbs (i think) so either way you will lose quality and its usually at teh upper frequency range.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I have the T505 with a Sprint Touch. I just got it yesterday and have used it on 3 30 minute trips to and from work.

For calls it sounds great to me. For mp3s, I seem to get some interference no matter what station it finds. Its still not too bad though, definitely not CD quality, but good enough for the most part. When there's interference I just get some volume fluctuation.

I've done the A2DP reg tweaks on my phone, but I had them done before I got the T505, so I don't know if it helped any. I'm also using a custom AudioPara file that was made for the Touch.

It works about as good as I expected it to. My parents said they could tell I was using a speakerphone though.

The reason it sounded excellent with the Pioneer system is because that doesn't use FM at all. That is playing directly over BT. So I don't think the issue is with BT as much as it is with the FM transmitter. If you're in an area with lots of radio stations, you're bound to get interference.

For the hiss noise, how loud do you have to turn up your stereo?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

Another thing I just thought about...where is the FM antenna in your car? Is it in the front or the back?

I'm sure it'll pickup the signal better if its in the front since that's where the T505 is.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sifter is keeping up the good workSifter is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Another thing I just thought about...where is the FM antenna in your car? Is it in the front or the back?

I'm sure it'll pickup the signal better if its in the front since that's where the T505 is.
Hmm good thought, my antenna is on the rear right of the car. My T505 is on my drivers side visor.

The volume of my mogul and T505 is set to max, and my audio on the car receiver is probably 1/3 to 1/4 of the way up.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Retired Staff

My antenna is on the front of my car and I don't have any hissing noise. I wonder if that could be part of the problem.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rangie is keeping up the good workrangie is keeping up the good work

I haven't experienced any hiss. I think it sounds really good.

Maby you should try putting the T505 closer to the antenna and see if that fixes it?
Old 03-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Retired Staff

Yeah, I haven't really had any hiss either, just some volume fluctuation from FM interference.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1

MindCandy is a n00b

I know what he's talking about, but i have no idea how to fix it. In fact i came here looking for a solution to the same problem

Here's the deal, the Mogul's default install will not let you edit any of the audio settings and effects other then volume. Zero. Nada. Also, these appear to be OS settings, not simply something in Windows Media player, so even if you download a 3rd party MP3 player, it's still going to use the previously mentioned effects / settings. Yay for user empowerment...

Anyway, There's a little slip of paper that comes with the T505 that states you need to turn off any audio enhancement if your a windows mobile user. Do that, and everything sounds great. If you don't you won't be able to stand the way things sound outside of mid audio frequency, or when the music becomes too layered.

So what's going on is you need to edit a setting that you don't have the option to edit in the normal menus. At least that's the conclusion i've come too. Now if anybody here know of a way to edit the registry or something so we can get around this little issue, i'd REALLY appreciate knowing how to do that and which settings i have to switch to 0. The paper mentions something about 'simulated surround' or some such nonsense, I can't remember exactly.

Also, this is what i THINK the problem is. You guys mentioned A2DP before, and i'm pretty sure that's standard equipment with Windows Mobile 6 Maybe i need to edit the setting for that? If that's the case, we're talking about a reg edit for sure and that's, like i said, WAY out of my league.

Last edited by MindCandy; 03-08-2009 at 04:57 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan