PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Phone Broken! Active Sync Not Working! Cant Flash Phone!

This is not the standard mogul noob issue. My phone recently stop taking a charge with out me having to fiddle around with the mini usb connection, and now i find out that the problem must be with the mogul as i cant active sync anymore.

When i hook it up to a pc (ive tried two to no luck) active sync doesnt even come up. Usually the mogul would recognize the connection, but even then, it doesnt, it just sits and charges.

Also i have tried about 4 different usb->mini usb cables, no luck.

Sooo, my question is, how do i go about getting another mogul. I have a "bootleg" rom running (dcd winmo 6.1) and sprint wont fix it if i bring it to them.

I could claim it lost or damage it to the point of destruction on purpose, but....

1. I swapped esn's to activate my mogul, im scarred theyll give me another sanyo m1 for my lost phone.

2. They might be able to cut the mogul on if i dont damage it well enough.

GUYS! HELP ME!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 running DCD 3.0.1
Carrier: VZW

old_school_dave is a n00b
Re: HELP! Phone Broken! Active Sync Not Working! Cant Flash Phone!

why not just flash back to stock rom/radio and return to sprint?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you could flash it using the sdcard method if USB isnt working. search for it here or on XDA-developers forum.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
This is not the standard mogul noob issue. My phone recently stop taking a charge with out me having to fiddle around with the mini usb connection, and now i find out that the problem must be with the mogul as i cant active sync anymore.

When i hook it up to a pc (ive tried two to no luck) active sync doesnt even come up. Usually the mogul would recognize the connection, but even then, it doesnt, it just sits and charges.

Also i have tried about 4 different usb->mini usb cables, no luck.
Is your computer running XP or Vista. I sync to both an XP and Vista box and from time to time the Vista PC will not see my phone no matter what I do. A reboot of the Vista box always fixes this issue.

Quote:
Sooo, my question is, how do i go about getting another mogul. I have a "bootleg" rom running (dcd winmo 6.1) and sprint wont fix it if i bring it to them.
In my experience flashing phones, albeit not as much as many of the users around here, I have found that it does not matter if Activesync sees the phone or not. Try plugging the phone into the PC and run the latest HTC stock Sprint rom update. It may work, and if it doesn't, you have not been put into a worse position.

Quote:
I could claim it lost or damage it to the point of destruction on purpose, but....

1. I swapped esn's to activate my mogul, im scarred theyll give me another sanyo m1 for my lost phone.

2. They might be able to cut the mogul on if i dont damage it well enough.

GUYS! HELP ME!
They are going to swap for whatever phone you had the insurance on. If that was the Sanyo, that is what you are going to get. Hate to say it, but switching the ESN is not always a good idea. I remember reading somewhere (news site, not a forum) last month that changing the ESN on your phone is illegal. Don't know for sure though...
Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@rainfreak

In all actuality, im missing a pin on the moguls mini usb connection, it appears to be the one on the most left (tho im not technical genius, this is the first time i even looked at the pins)

But n-e ways, i was worried about the esn swap not because i did it illegally, i called sprint and they transfered my account from my old sanyo m1 to my new htc mogul, but the sprint website never updated it, and i was afraid that theyd pull something sneaky on me.

When i try to run the 2.17 update from my pc, it doesnt find a connection to the phone at all, which leads me to believe that that pin im missing might control the data flow

@justpctech

Id love to flash my phone via mini sd, but it requires a full reformat and for the rom to be on the phone. I dont have a mini sd reader (lost it ), so unless the thing is pre flashed to fat 32, i think im in big trouble.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan