PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
v-moda vibe duo on titan

has anybody tried using the vmoda vibe duo on the titan? they are a headphones that have a built in mic and some buttons for skipping tracks etc. they are advertised to work well with the iphone and i've read reviews of the vibes (same thing as vibe duo but without the mic and controls) and everybody seems to love them.

my question is basically whether or not anybody has these and can we get the mic and controls to work with the mogul?

im sure we need some sort of adapter, and obviously the simple headphone adapter wont work, if you have gotten them working, what adapter are you using (hopefully it's small and doesnt add bulk to the pocket)?

im basically considering between this and the voyager 855, but i mostly would use it for music and dont talk that much, so not having a second battery to deal with and not looking like im wearing a bluetooth headset all the time would be nice (even though the bluetooth would be nice for driving with our new CA cell phone driving laws).

thanks,
Ryan
Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood
Re: v-moda vibe duo on titan

That isn't going to be likely, those headphones have at least four separate areas one for left, right, mic, and common ground. The USB to 3.5mm adapters will only cover the left, right and common ground connection areas. You are better off getting a extension wire for the mogul, or comparable HTC handset headphone adapters that have USB in, and a mic with a 3.5mm jack, that is what I use, besides save yourself some money, and get some other headphones, from all the headphones I've gotten in the price range, the Sennheiser CX300 are the best so far IMO (at least for the $50-$100 range).
Hope this helps... and link for adapters described: http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-3-5mm-Stereo...742.m153.l1262

Last edited by u8myfoood; 03-25-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ryan00davis is a n00b

well, the reason i like the vibe duo is that the mic is incorporated in a very clean way. the adapter you showed looks decent, but then if you clip the mic to near your chest you will have a bunch of extra cable going up to the head, plus, having to have the mic clipped to my shirt isnt very convenient, i wear t-shirts on a regular basis and it's not really easy to clip things to t-shirts.

at this point i think i would settle for a nice small adapter that will just let the mic and headphones work (in stereo) and the buttons didnt work. i've sent a message to v-moda and am waiting for a reply.

if anybody has any other suggestions that would be helpful, my only request is that if im going to be spending a decent amount of money on a good headset/headphones, that i can use them with my ipod and laptop as well (so 3.5mm adapter is a must).
Old 03-27-2008, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ryan00davis is a n00b

here is the email response from v-moda:

We will be offering adapters in the very near future however, we do not have any available just yet. We are stoked that you are interested and we hope that you check our website for all the new stuff coming out!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan