PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800

medic319 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!!! usb port not working

I came home today and plugged my mogul into the charger, and the battery will not charge. It will not charge with my USB cable either. I would take it back to Sprint in the morning, but I am sure they will not like the "Test Only Not for Sale" when they start my phone. I have tried to hook the phone up to my computer to load an official ROM, but my computer says that there is nothing connected. Should my phone take a swim before my visit to sprint tomorrow, or can I load something onto my SD card to upgrade? Thank you for any help you can give me.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
Re: Help!!! usb port not working

I had the same problem with my first mogul. i kept moving the cable in different angles until it worked. hope this helps
Old 03-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic319 View Post
I came home today and plugged my mogul into the charger, and the battery will not charge. It will not charge with my USB cable either. I would take it back to Sprint in the morning, but I am sure they will not like the "Test Only Not for Sale" when they start my phone. I have tried to hook the phone up to my computer to load an official ROM, but my computer says that there is nothing connected. Should my phone take a swim before my visit to sprint tomorrow, or can I load something onto my SD card to upgrade? Thank you for any help you can give me.
It seems that constant use of the USB cable will cause connection issues. You might try taking a needle and CAREFULLY pushing the pins up so they make a better connection. I had this exact problem on my first Mogul and I was able to fix the USB problem by doing this. Hope this helps!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6800
Threadstarter

medic319 is a n00b

thanks...

I was able to update to an official ROM by holding the connection JUST RIGHT, but it took 6 attempts and my fingers were nearly bleeding after holding the constant pressure for about 1 hour! I can now take this thing to Sprint and make THEM fix it. I love this phone, but not being able to charge it will be a pain.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan