PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

pretty_ricky302 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Programs I can remove

Ok I see a few programs I may never use, I just wondering if it is safe to remove them.

1. Windows media, never used.

2. Getgood, never used

3. All ringers ( have my own ringtones)

4. Sprint music

5. windows live

6. software store

What you guys think. I had this phone for 3 days and i don't won't to make any mistakes, Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Programs I can remove

They can all be safely removed... just make sure that what ever media app you replace WM with (i'd recommend tcpmp player, there's nothing else that even comes close plus its free) you should add the wm codecs so that you can still play wm files when needed.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-20-2008, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

davidgelb is just getting started

Hey Ricky,
It's pretty hard to mess your phone up. Unless you are flashing a new ROM to your phone, a hard reset will clear up anything you would do that might mess it up. With that said, you are safe uninstalling any of the Sprint software (Getgood, Sprint Music, Software store, etc). You are probably also fine removing Windows Live. As far as removing Windows media, I am not sure...don't know how you would uninstall that without flashing a new ROM, and my guess would be to leave it and not take it off.

You can probably remove ringers also, but WM may look for them, especially if any of them are set as defaults.

You definetely don't want to go in and just delete folders that contain these programs. One way to remove bloat is to do a hard reset, then when it says "Customizing in 3 seconds", do a soft reset before it begins the customization. Then all the sprint stuff will not install.

Hope this is a bit of help. Enjoy your new phone! It's a great one!!!

-David
Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

now i already know you're gonna ask for them so here....
Attached Files
File Type: zip WMcodecs.zip (990.2 KB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

pretty_ricky302 is a n00b

thanks for the help guys, I love the fac that you can take programs off and add some of ur own to replace the oem ones, im having fun, didnt go out tonight just to play wit my phone.

But 1 ?ion if i do a hard reset everything will be deleted, contacts, my downloads i.e is there a way to aviod this. I know u can download some stuff to back them up but im not on that level yet.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

donkeythekidd is keeping up the good workdonkeythekidd is keeping up the good work

I did the soft reset before the sprint customization installed. I then ran the cab for the on demand because I wanted that. Did that also installed the sprint music and software store? Can I now remove these programs manually? If so how?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have the same question. I see Audible takes up about 2Mb on my device. How do I uninstall it? Without cooking a new ROM that is?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan/Mogul

dragonh32 is a n00b

Hi, I'm new to smartphones and new to this forum. Got myself an HTC Mogul yesterday. I want to remove crapware like sprint music store. I see that one way to remove is to do a hard reset. But I am afraid of losing all my contact info, etc..

Is there another way to remove music store, media player, etc other than a hard reset?

If I do have to do a hard reset is there a way to save my all my info?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

asre is a n00b

Yep Audiableair takes 2mb and plus there some files that I like to delete from windows folder. Any one knkows how to delete? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by asre View Post
Yep Audiableair takes 2mb and plus there some files that I like to delete from windows folder. Any one knkows how to delete? Thanks in advance.
There are some apps available somewhere around here that'll let you safely remove programs. I personally use memmaid and love it. But memmaid costs money and there's free ones available. i dont know how to post links.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan