PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tphone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyone know how to NOT have your app't time change?

I did several searches and didn't find this information.
I travel a lot and it's becoming inconvenient to have to manually adjust my appointments when I change my clock (via 'visiting') to a new time zone.
I usually enter my itinerary at home including my flight times. When I get to my destination and change my clock on the mogul, my flight times (and everything else) are off by the time zone change.
What I'm hoping for is a registry edit that will change this behavior.
I was talking to my wife about my upcoming flight at 12:30pm and she told me, no, your flight is at 9:30am.
Good thing she told me, I would have missed it. Working too many hours.
Anyone have a solution?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

bdumch is a n00b
Re: anyone know how to NOT have your app't time change?

I deal with the same problem. However, I come across the WebISToolbox from Pocket Informant

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to test it out so I couldn't tell you if this is the solution. But, if you get the chance let us know how it works.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Since I travel a lot, I have had this problem before. I find the easiest way is to add the appointment with the time difference already factored in. That way it moves accordingly when I am in different time zones. I know this isn't the easiest method, but I find it to work for me.

As far as a registry entry, I do not think that there is one that allows you to do what you are looking for. That being said, the above software sounds promising.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-19-2008, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

skny is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Since I travel a lot, I have had this problem before. I find the easiest way is to add the appointment with the time difference already factored in. That way it moves accordingly when I am in different time zones. I know this isn't the easiest method, but I find it to work for me.

As far as a registry entry, I do not think that there is one that allows you to do what you are looking for. That being said, the above software sounds promising.
Right. You have to keep in mind (which I'm sure you're aware of) that when you're at home, on, say Eastern Standard Time - your device is set to that time's zone - through out - clock, calendar, etc.

If someone in Cali says they have a conf. call set for 3pm your time - it's gonna be noon their time. So what time do you put on your device? 3pm. Right. Now, if between now & then, you fly to - I dunno - Chicago - the time for the conf. call hasn't changed - but YOU have changed time zones.

I've never seen a work around for this on any device, including Blackberry's which are so widespread in the business world. The only thing different is often, you don't have to change the time manually (ie, the Visiting option on the device), rather, it takes on the network time of the city/state you're in.

Proper planning of of the correct time is only something that can be done manually, be the end user. If you're worried that you won't enter an appointment correctly, try to enter your upcoming trips appts all at once - being sure to use the Visiting option prior to doing it, and then just switching back when you're done.

PS: I saw that software that is offered. That only works under the assumption that your future appointments are set for the time zone you hope to be in in the future. My experience is that when people send me Outlook appointments from other time zones, they have already taken into account the time zone difference - which means that using the "visit" feature would work. Using this "tool" would actually break all of my appointments and throw THEM off! A catch 22 really...ultimately, you just have to determine how you'll be entering in your appointments...

Last edited by skny; 03-19-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

not really a fix, but a workaround put the time in the apt title as well. It gives you a little self check when you are looking at the apt in any time zone...
Old 03-19-2008, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skny View Post
If someone in Cali says they have a conf. call set for 3pm your time - it's gonna be noon their time. So what time do you put on your device? 3pm. Right. Now, if between now & then, you fly to - I dunno - Chicago - the time for the conf. call hasn't changed - but YOU have changed time zones.
Exactly. If you enter it at 3 PM EST and then you are in Chicago and change the time zone on your phone to CST, the appointment moves to 2 PM CST, which is 3 PM EST and 12 PM PST. That is the same time, right? Maybe I am misunderstanding you, since the appointment would move to the correct time in your example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
not really a fix, but a workaround put the time in the apt title as well. It gives you a little self check when you are looking at the apt in any time zone...
I like this idea...I'll have to start doing this for a little "mental check".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan