PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Synned is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow, this is awesome

So now that our GPS is working, I remembered I always wanted some sort of GPS theft protection. So I googled, and I found something called MobileJustice.
I was pretty surprised it worked, and the coordinates it sent back were spot on. (Verified by GMaps)
Basically you send an SMS to your phone containing the right password, and it will send back GPS coordinates.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=572219

Last edited by Synned; 03-18-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

WarJock is a n00b
Re: Wow, this is awesome

But I bet it's not sofisticated enough to tell me if I lost my phone in the couch or in my car.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarJock View Post
But I bet it's not sofisticated enough to tell me if I lost my phone in the couch or in my car.
ROTFL!!! thats exactly what I was thinking.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

there is another free program called vito findme, that does the same thing... very accurate and from a very reliable company.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i have the vito find me but didnt play with it very long does anyone kno how to get the dang plug in off the today screen.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 03-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
i have the vito find me but didnt play with it very long does anyone kno how to get the dang plug in off the today screen.
start - settings - today - items - (uncheck)

(cmon sbr you should know that by now)
Old 03-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i didnt see it there dude but i got frustrated with it so u never kno ill try it again jus goes to show however much u learn u never r done with newb questions.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

This may be a stupid question, but where can I send an SMS to my phone from that I can get a reply back to?

EDIT: Ok, I can just send an email to my phone to the SMS account, but how does the phone reply back? I cant seem to get it to email me back. I don't want to to send an SMS to another phone, as I dont have one.

Last edited by Yankees368; 03-18-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
This may be a stupid question, but where can I send an SMS to my phone from that I can get a reply back to?
aaah, from another mobile phone. (a friend's phone)
Old 03-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by varaff View Post
aaah, from another mobile phone. (a friend's phone)
Well I can easilly send an email to the phone, but is the program supsto automatically reply to whereever the email was sent from?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan