PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Navizon - Get paid to use your GPS w/ the 6800!

Just an update on cameraware buddy. I think this program greatly increases the wifi hits if you set it to scan like every 2 seconds. I don't know what the default Navizon or WM6.1 scan time is but the adjustable time in the buddy program increase the hits. It also may increase battery loss but I have my phone plugged in for most Navizon time.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

camaware is great. i am getting frustrated w/Navizon though. it consistantly stops collecting info after about 10 minutes, regardless of which ROM i use.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 01-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I agree with the freezing. We defiantly need a new update above 3.5.1.3 to fix these problems. And we need it now.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:30 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
camaware is great. i am getting frustrated w/Navizon though. it consistantly stops collecting info after about 10 minutes, regardless of which ROM i use.
I notice this sometimes, but it's typically when the power gets unplugged. as long as its got power and doesn't overheat, 3.5.1.2 seems to work ok for me. i'd say it only freezes when exiting maybe 30-40% of the time. (still too much though)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

Wish I had that experience, Shaggy. I keep mine plugged in all day. It will collect 100-600 cells and then freeze. I've been trying to find some reason (like another program opening?), and haven't found one.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
N00b

mopar_hendrix is a n00b

Anyone actually get paid?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:38 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar_hendrix View Post
Anyone actually get paid?
sure have.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

intel8052 is a n00b

The only issue I have run into using Navizon is that it crashes while running the maps and using the GPS for directions. The other day i was driving from VA (through DC), using the Navizon map/directions. The program crashed at the worst possible time since I was just pulling off one highway and onto some back roads to get to the next highway. Anyway, I just pulled up google maps and that worked fine.

Does anyone else experience the Navizon maps feature crashing or even google maps while running the GPS? With the last version of google maps it would crash occassionally and the GPS wouldn't work anymore until the phone was soft reset. the google maps woudl still work fine and it would put the "my location" point at the location I was at the last time GPS was working.

Since the last google maps release I Havent had any issues, but then again I tend to keep the gps off unless I need the "my location" feature ever since I got used to it crashing on me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel8052 View Post
The only issue I have run into using Navizon is that it crashes while running the maps and using the GPS for directions. The other day i was driving from VA (through DC), using the Navizon map/directions. The program crashed at the worst possible time since I was just pulling off one highway and onto some back roads to get to the next highway. Anyway, I just pulled up google maps and that worked fine.

Does anyone else experience the Navizon maps feature crashing or even google maps while running the GPS? With the last version of google maps it would crash occassionally and the GPS wouldn't work anymore until the phone was soft reset. the google maps woudl still work fine and it would put the "my location" point at the location I was at the last time GPS was working.

Since the last google maps release I Havent had any issues, but then again I tend to keep the gps off unless I need the "my location" feature ever since I got used to it crashing on me.
Googlemaps latest version crashes if using the gps funtion and I have Navizon running.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Mr. Chevy

Ok another problem with Navizon. Has anyone had the program running and then looked at the phone and the screen is blank? Pressing the power button does nothing. Its like the phone is frozen with the screen off. Only a soft reset solves the problem. Anyone else have this problem?

Also is it possible to turn the screen off while Navizon is running. Similiar to using the power button and going to standby but I don't want standby. I am just looking to conserve some power while I use it.

Last edited by drewcam888; 01-05-2009 at 12:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan