PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

Telemetry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon's xv6800 pimp my phone :)

Hi all,

Sorry if there is a specific thread for this already in progress somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere specifically for the verizon version of the titan.

so here goes:

I haven't had a real pda phone for about 6 years and it was a sprint samsung phone. i loved it, but it died of old age and corrosion, don't ask me how, i never swam in the ocean with it.

Went to Verizon, bought 2 chocolates and 3 EnVs tired of them and i needed a real pocket computer and phone to handle my job at the hospital...

Now the meat of the issue:

At work last night i placed an order to overnight me an xv6800 from verizon, and i want to really have some fun with it.

what i want it to do:

-good web browser, i mean it gets boring when people aren't dying and i'd like to watch youtube... any ideas as to the best? opera? skyfire? lemme know

-fun OS skin. i'd like to get the iphone skin that definitely works on the verizon phone, if you have one lemme know please, there's a *****y nurse who has the iphone and keeps going on and on as to how ****ty every other phone is in the world... i'd like to rub it in her face if i have a dif phone with a removable battery that looks like an iphone, it'd really get her goat, and make my night

-a good NES emulator. i have over 1200 roms for multiple emulators and over 600 just for the nes, but i dont know any good emulators that work on this phone... someone has to have a good emulator that runs on WM6.

So a quick recap... All you wonderful people out there can help me pimp my phone with all of your hard work and htc knowledge.

i'm fairly certain that about 70% of all htc titan stuff will run on all networks since they primarily use a lot of the same basic software but i know that at&t loves to dump massive loads of shtuff into their models...

Any help is appreciated !!! this seems like a really nice community, i've been reading almost every post and i dont see flaming and stuff going on so that's just a wonderful thing to not end up seeing lol...

Final note:

help on VERIZON xv6800 or progs you know will def work on it without any problems on the side.

1- good net browser
2- good themes (especially the iphone clone one) -Torx maybe?
3- a working (hopefully one that goes horizontal too) NES emulator.

I truly, and sincerely, am deeply greatful for any help you guys/gals can lend me. Sorry for being so long in the tooth with this opening section, but on the side i'm a writer so i can go on at length but only when i want to make sure that my point is thoroughly expressed and understandable.

Jon -certified cdt
Old 03-17-2008, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

erick10 is a n00b
Re: Verizon's xv6800 pimp my phone :)

Ima help u out just cuz u want to run some1 that your phone can do almost what an iphone does look for(grumps iphone)its here i think or google it. look for snes emulator....google it..............and a good browser is opera 9. 5 i believe. Its a betaand i think you can find it hear or head out to xda-developers.com
Old 03-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC xv6800
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Telemetry is a n00b
Re: Verizon's xv6800 pimp my phone :)

thanks a bunch erick10, i appreciate the helpful hand.

always open to suggestions on what is new or other ideas i can look into for more phone fun.

thanks in advance guys

jon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan