PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 04:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

E doub is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mogul

just bought the mogul and i am trying to change the screen to something different and need some help with getting ringtones please help thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 07:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

nathanhorn is a n00b
Re: mogul

Find and download the .wav file - See Where can I find custom ring tones? for information on how to find custom ring tones.

Download the ring tone to your PocketPC Phone - You must move the .wav file from your desktop computer to the PocketPC Phone. The easiest way to do is is using Active Sync Explore. Active Sync Explore is used just like Windows Explorer and will let you work with files on your PocketPC Phone, from your desktop computer. You must be Connected for to use Active Sync Explore. You may place the file anywhere on the PocketPC. It is recommended that you place the files in a common directory.

Add Ring Tone to Ring Tone Selection Box - Using the Start menu, select Start -> Settings. Then select the System tab. Select the icon for Add Ring Tone. This program will search your PocketPC and find all of the .wav files. Now, you simply find the .wav file that you would like to use for a ring tone, and tap the checkbox. Press OK to complete this step.

Select Ring Tone - Finally, you will want to pick the ring tone that you would like to use. Once .wav files have been added as ring tones, you can repeat this step to change between them. Using the Start menu, select Start -> Settings. Then select the Personal tab (this is the default tab and is likely already selected). Select the icon for Phone. Select the drop down list for Ring type. and pick any of the choices that include "ring". Select the drop down list for Ring tone. The ring tone you picked in step 3 should be in the list. Once selected, it will immediately become your telephone ring tone.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: SPRINT

phonehopper is a n00b

Quick note, you may want to try MP3 files as opposed to .wav files. Just for the simple fact that MP3 files are more compressed and takes up less space than .wav files.

How many languages do you speak ? I speak one. One Zero One Zero Zero. With that I could steal your money, your secrets, your fantasies, your whole life. In any country, any time, any place I want. We multitask like you breathe. I couldn't think as slow as you if I tried. - Taz 'Rat' Finch
Old 03-17-2008, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Themes Forum - for changing your screen

Ringtones Forum - a collection of ringtones

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan