PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

allofthepeople is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No longer able to Bluetooth DUN after 3.35

Ive tried and tried wmodem and pdanet but they no longer work for me tethering between my mac and my mogul via bluetooth with the new htc 3.35 rom. When I click unable bluetooth DUN on pdanet it says "unable to assign com port please make sure com7 or com4 is available on your device. bluetooth dun will remain off (err=2404)".
can someone help?
thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 09:49 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: No longer able to Bluetooth DUN after 3.35

I thought there was some cab fix for bt dun on the mogul...

Ah yep

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ss+Modem+Mogul

Did you do all that?
Old 03-16-2008, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

Gilliland is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
Ive tried and tried wmodem and pdanet but they no longer work for me tethering between my mac and my mogul via bluetooth with the new htc 3.35 rom. When I click unable bluetooth DUN on pdanet it says "unable to assign com port please make sure com7 or com4 is available on your device. bluetooth dun will remain off (err=2404)".
I'm struggling with this as well. It may turn out that the PDANet folks have to fix this. It appears that their app is only capable of using COM4 or COM7 as its Bluetooth DUN port. But on the new ROM, both of those ports are preassigned - COM4 to GPS, COM7 to SERIAL_BTUR (whatever that is). So either we have to find a way to reassign one of those ports, or we have to get June Fabrics to fix PDANet.

Does anyone know of a way to work directly with the Mogul's COM port assignments? I haven't been able to find anything on it.

Schettj, the thread that you referenced has nothing to do with PDANet. It does provide another method for enabling Bluetooth DUN, which may prove useful, but doesn't solve the PDANet problem.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

OK, after pondering it a bit longer, I found a solution - simply move the GPS port. If you go into the first page of the GPS settings, you can move the virtual GPS port to COM5. That frees up COM4 for PDANet. The GPS works fine on COM5.

However, that's not the end of the battle, at least not on my phone.

Now whenever I try to connect via DUN, the phone tries to dial and then reports an authentication error with my ID and password (both of which are blank, as they should be). From that point on, the Mogul can no longer connect to the internet (whether for the tethered PC or even for internal functions) until I restart the Mogul. Once I restart, everything works fine again until I attempt to connect via DUN.

Either I have something misconfigured, or perhaps Sprint has done something to cut down on unauthorized tethering. I'm hoping its the former, but if so I haven't figured out what.

Last edited by Gilliland; 03-16-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:16 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

he asked about wmodem. The link will fix wmodem for bt dun.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
he asked about wmodem. The link will fix wmodem for bt dun.
You're right, I missed that. Have you tested it to see if it works with the new ROM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan