PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Lurker

Fickle1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul not waking up with email notifications

I just upgraded to the new rom and now my screen wont wake up when I receive a new email. Text messages and calls wake it up fine but not emails. I get the notification sound and the flashing light but I have to hit the power button to turn on the screen

I thought it might be an issue with s2u2 so I uninstalled that, but I am still having the same problem.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

andy22 is starting in the wrong direction
Re: Mogul not waking up with email notifications

I have had that issue even with old ROM.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Fickle1 is a n00b

I never had any issues before the rom upgrade, but for some reason now it isnt working. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 03-16-2008, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

I wonder if this is an issue or if this is just the way it works. It has been like this on each ROM that has been released.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-16-2008, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

journey is a n00b
general problem with notifications w/ new release

When skimming the DCD thread on xda, I remember seeing some comments about problems with notifications. I have observed the following:

- if I do not acknowledge a notification, rather than displaying 'notification' as it used to in the bottom left side, it alternates between 'calendar' and 'notification', only very briefly showing the notification message.

- I have had some problems with not being able to turn on the phone if a notification is issued when the phone is 'suspended'. If the yellow light is blinking when the phone was off, I typically could turn on the phone (required a soft reset).

I originally installed DCD 3.0.0 and the corresponding Radio (forget the #). I followed his original directions which he has since pulled due to it 'bricking' some people's phone (it involved going be to an earlier BL). Anyway, since then, I have tried just upgrading to DCD 3.0.1, and even tried loading the original sprint ROM, followed by DCD 3.0.1.

Since the last installation, I have not seen the second problem but the first problem continues to be an issue. If there is not a fix soon for the notifications, I may roll back to a ROM with the pre-released GPS / Rev. A.

Has anyone figured out a solution?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan