PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

khien77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Mogul #777

According to Sprint i have internet access (nia?) blocked on their end. But when i access IE my PPC says dialing #777 and successfully connects. I'm then able to browse, send/receive emails fine. When i check my account online under usage details there is a row that says:

Vision Data Home
Unlimited1027Unlimited--

I'm assuming Vision Data Home is a data service but i did not sign up for any data service. As i said above Internet Access is blocked on their end but i'm still able to connect fine. Is this unlimited Vision Data Home free for everyone or am i just lucky?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
Re: HTC Mogul #777

Yes, vision is the data service, but its not free for everybody... Did you sign up for a SERO account? Those have it included. Maybe they had another package you signed up for. Hopefully, they don't catch on and then slam you for a charge. Non vision package phones CAN use the internet, its not blocked. They just pay something like $0.03 per kb. Which can really add up. Anyhow, if you are out of contract and aren't looking for a family plan, you should look at the SERO offers:
www.sprint.com/sero
You can use the email address savings@sprintemi.com
Old 03-13-2008, 04:42 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome Here.........
I would just say be careful with it at first. I mean on your account it says you have unlimited data if your paying for it or not. If you do pay for it or have SERO enjoy it its all yours. But if you don't pay for it test the water a bit first, you don't want a $900 Phone bill. Use it a bit and if you don't see it reflected on your bill Yes you are lucky.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

khien77 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbunnie View Post
Yes, vision is the data service, but its not free for everybody... Did you sign up for a SERO account? Those have it included. Maybe they had another package you signed up for. Hopefully, they don't catch on and then slam you for a charge. Non vision package phones CAN use the internet, its not blocked. They just pay something like $0.03 per kb. Which can really add up. Anyhow, if you are out of contract and aren't looking for a family plan, you should look at the SERO offers:
www.sprint.com/sero
You can use the email address savings@sprintemi.com
I actually just switched to sprint a few months back. I'm sure i did not sign up for any vision packages, I even called Sprint to verify that Internet access was blocked. If they were to charge me it should show up under usage details..in mine it says unlimited..

SERO
I'm under a family plan but thanks for the offer..
Old 03-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

khien77 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Welcome Here.........
I would just say be careful with it at first. I mean on your account it says you have unlimited data if your paying for it or not. If you do pay for it or have SERO enjoy it its all yours. But if you don't pay for it test the water a bit first, you don't want a $900 Phone bill. Use it a bit and if you don't see it reflected on your bill Yes you are lucky.
Thanks...

I wouldn't use it that often anyway...Usually i'll connect to my Access point at home or where ever i'm at if i want to sync or do whatever...When i started my account i insisted to have Internet blocked so i would not have to pay any overage charges.

Those SERO plans look great...it's too bad i'm on a family plan.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

I know a couple people who asked to have their internet blocked, but it really wasn't, and then they ended up having large bills for using internet. Nothing too outrageous, in the 100-200 dollar range, but still a lot of money. Fortunately, they called and complained, and the charges were removed. Still, its a hassle. Best of luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan