PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i cant get wifi to turn on. AT ALL :(

greetings. I was hoping somebody could help me. my wifi does not turn on anymore (post 3.35 rom update). the toggle switch doesnt do a thing, and i dont even have a wifi icon in connection settings. well, sometimes its there, but mostly its a network cards icon. Im guessing i did something wrong, but for the life of me, i dont know what i did, or what happened. any suggestions? i miss wifi, so if anyone could please help, id really appreciate it. thx guys. a search gave me no results dschoenike
Old 03-13-2008, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: i cant get wifi to turn on. AT ALL :(

Are you using WMWiFiRouter? Sometimes this happens to me when the program exits and turns off WiFi. Running the program again, or just running the crash cleanup, fixes the problem.

If you're not running WMWiFiRouter, you could try using a different Comm Manager that has WiFi control in it. Let me see if I can dig up the 10 button one I usually use.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
Are you using WMWiFiRouter? Sometimes this happens to me when the program exits and turns off WiFi. Running the program again, or just running the crash cleanup, fixes the problem.

If you're not running WMWiFiRouter, you could try using a different Comm Manager that has WiFi control in it. Let me see if I can dig up the 10 button one I usually use.
much appreciated. i actually wanted to use wmwifirouter, but figured i couldnt because i have no wifi thank you again, ill definately try the other comm manager.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try this one. Just make sure you don't have your current Comm Manager running or it won't be able to install.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Kaiser Comm Manager(10 Buttons).zip (384.0 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

That Comm Manager might not work. I just tried it on my phone and the WiFi button doesn't appear to be mapped correctly for the Titan (go figure since apparently it came from a Kaiser...). I'll look around and see if I can find one that has been edited for the Titan.

Edit: Maybe give this one a shot too...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...m+manager+wifi

Last edited by bedoig; 03-13-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

well i got installed. Here's the new weird thing. (oh yeah, i have a wifi icon again) when i click on the wifi connect button, the little wifi symbol on the top right part of the screen appears for exactly 3 seconds, then disappears again. it wont stay on. grrrrr. almost seems like a hardware issue. maybe?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:00 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
well i got installed. Here's the new weird thing. (oh yeah, i have a wifi icon again) when i click on the wifi connect button, the little wifi symbol on the top right part of the screen appears for exactly 3 seconds, then disappears again. it wont stay on. grrrrr. almost seems like a hardware issue. maybe?
The button on screen won't be able to turn on your wifi if the wifi hard switch is off.

If the switch is on, then the soft button can turn it off (and back on)

Maybe you have a bad switch?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

its gotta be a bad switch. i just noticed that wifi was on, and connected to my home router. as fast as it came on, it disappeared. anybody here thats smarter than me, know of any programs that would interfere with the wifi? it was working before the rom update, and i havent installed anything different from the previous rom. maybe i should just be happy with rev a. 1200 down and 515 up. thanks guys for trying to help. much appreciated.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp

rudebwoi is a n00b

my hard button stopped working about 2 months ago. no soft button will fix it, i think its a hardware issue, but at the same time, i notice batt. drain with it on. Just no signal, and it also doesnt show up where it replaces the EV icon....id say hardware
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond

nycrounders is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
The button on screen won't be able to turn on your wifi if the wifi hard switch is off.

If the switch is on, then the soft button can turn it off (and back on)

Maybe you have a bad switch?
Try to pop out the MicroSD card and switch WIFI on. I had the same issue and that enabled it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan