PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tethering with the new ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21050)

gns 03-20-2008 12:57 PM

Re: Tethering with the new ROM

I am a totally newbie with my Sprint Mogul and this forum. I just updated my phone with the new ROM. Correct me if i am wrong about the steps for tethering.

1. change registry
2. connect the phone with laptop via USB cable
3. goto Start>Programs>Internet Sharing>...then, choose either "Phone as Modem" or "Sprint PCS"?

thanks

Lsme420 03-21-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gns (Post 224432)
I am a totally newbie with my Sprint Mogul and this forum. I just updated my phone with the new ROM. Correct me if i am wrong about the steps for tethering.

1. change registry
2. connect the phone with laptop via USB cable
3. goto Start>Programs>Internet Sharing>...then, choose either "Phone as Modem" or "Sprint PCS"?

thanks

Welcome here....
You got it. If "Phone as Modem" disappears "Sprint PCS" will work also.

justpctech 03-21-2008 02:05 PM

ah, dont you have to start the ICS "before" you actually connect USB cable?

Lsme420 03-21-2008 02:10 PM

No I dont start it first.

nmazloum 03-21-2008 02:49 PM

this is amazing, the speed that am getting on my phone is faster than my DSL connection,
thanks every one for your help.. : )
i have REV A as disable in my #778# menu
http://www.speedtest.net/result/249295890.png

JimSmith94 03-21-2008 03:18 PM

I had ICS working on my 6700 when my cable Internet died. It died again today, so I tried ICS on my 6800 running DCD 3.0.1, and no go. :( In the registry, Extension=rilphone.dll was already removed and MaxCMConnectRetries was already set to 0. In Internet Sharing, I have PC Connection set to USB and the only pulldown for Network Connection is Sprint PCS.

A couple times I was able to see the Status go from "Check USB cable connection" to "Waiting for Network" to "Connected" for only a couple seconds, but then it goes right to "Disconnected".

I think when I did this on my 6700, my PC found a new USB network connection and configured it automatically. In Device Manager, I don't see anything like a USB network adapter now, should I?

Obviously my PC Internet connection is working now or I wouldn't be posting, but I'd like to be prepared next time it goes out. Am I missing something, or is there a complete tutorial on ICS somewhere?

DarkManX4lf 07-28-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach30SiR (Post 214497)
From TaylnOne over at XDA:

Sprint HTC Mogul/SERO Notes

It seems Sprint is up to shenanigans in regards to tethering for SERO users. Those of you running Sprint ROMs should navigate to the following registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing" and delete the string value named "Extension". This will allow you to connect to the Internet via the Internet Sharing app without the dreaded error 67/authentication errors. Previous to this fix, Mogul SERO users would have to connect to the Internet via another method (such as starting Internet Explorer first) before pressing the Connect button in the the Internet Sharing application.

If you're really paranoid (it has been concluded these entries have no meaning when using Internet Sharing), using a registry editor, navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\WModem" key, and set the "CheckProfile", "Multi-NAI" and "WModemDUN" DWORDS to a decimal value of "0".

Thanks Mach30SiR !!! I used to get the error 67 when trying to use connection sharing on Sprint rom 3.56 but now with the fix above it works fine so far !!!

duhgus 08-04-2008 12:05 PM

I just read through my statement and I switched from my Verizon $45 plan to the $30.
I tried to tether and I got the "sign up for $30/mo Broadband access" screen. The next thing I know, now I'm paying $30 for web and email and $30 for "broadband access".
I had Verizon take the $30 "broadband" service off. So I'm back to the splash screen when I tether to sign up for the plan, which I don't want to do.

The ##778 doesn't work. (The Verizon lady says, call cannot be completed as dialed.)

I'm using the Sprint rom but on the Verizon network.

cac2us 09-06-2008 01:29 PM

[quote=Lsme420;214495]InternetSharing WM 6.0:
Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Then Delete "Extension"="rilphone.dll"
then change "MaxCMCon.... from 1 to 0..
MaxCMCon might be 0 already if so its cool.

InternetSharing WM 6.1:
Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Then Delete "Extension"="rilphone.dll"
After that edit the dial "Phone as Modem" to "Sprint PCS"
MaxCMCon will already be 0.

I tether with just unlimited data plan and have not had issues. I wouldn't recommend downloading torrents (GiGs of data) as I feel it would eventually ruin it for all with the "Free" tethering. I know you didn't ask but here are a few more I use with every Rom.

Undock Keyboard
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip\Now
go to DragStyle and change (0) to (1)

A-GPS reg edit
HKLM/Software/HTC/SUPLAGPS/
GPSMode --> Change to 4 (orginal value 2)

faster web browseing..
HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms and changed the TimerWheelSize to Value of 5 from 11

Rev-a
Dial ##778#, choose edit, enter your MSL, go to Data Parameters, Choose Rev. A, Choose Enable/Disable jury is still out on this one but there is a Rev-A thread already so look HERE for your own conclusion.[/does this work for Verizon 6800?]

ote

MrObvious 09-06-2008 01:41 PM

Try ##778#.