PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tethering with the new ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21050)

Acedooncoon 03-15-2008 04:29 PM

Re: Tethering with the new ROM

I have to say I tried the Internetsharing hack and it worked for me...After I did the hack I did a soft reset and the tested out the Internetsharing...on the first try it didnt work..but I tried it again after that and it worked..So Im happy now. :mrgreen:

Whats crazy was that I tried to do it on Fri and it wasn't working for me..I did it once or twice when I had a custom ROM..but when I switched to the Sprint Rom it didnt allow me to connect (guess the custom rom had the hack in it already)..I kept getting that friggin "Error 67" message..So I called sprint and they told me that you need a plan for it..and that it cost $39.99 a month...I was like "WHAT!!!!"...I never heard that before..long story short I just told them 4get it..Cuz I knew you guys on here would have a way to teather without the extra....Thanx alot...I tip my hat off to all who have made it possiable..You Guys Rock..:headbang:

nxtech3 03-15-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acedooncoon (Post 218713)
Is there a way that I can speed up the navagation through the phone meaning..decreasing the amount of time it takes to respond to pressing a button?..example pressing the Start Menu..I have a short delay when I press start..is there anyway that I can make it more faster?..I have the Resco Reg....Thanx Alot..

i believe that would be a Memory issue and as we all know the mogul lacks that so IMO i dont believe so. Maybe delete some of the other applications you might not need or try moving them to a storage card.

Lsme420 03-16-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acedooncoon (Post 218713)
Is there a way that I can speed up the navagation through the phone meaning..decreasing the amount of time it takes to respond to pressing a button?..example pressing the Start Menu..I have a short delay when I press start..is there anyway that I can make it more faster?..I have the Resco Reg....Thanx Alot..

What you can try is Quick menu attached HERE and the Discussion is HERE some place i copied the links from "Commonly requested & popular software/applications".
My advice would be to go into the Qmenu setting and click the replace system start menu. See if that makes any difference.

shifty1 03-16-2008 09:44 PM

Tethering change works great. Got 1300 download and 456 upload speeds testing at speakeasy.net on my vista laptop. BTW, the Rev A setting was set so it showed as "disable".

shifty1 03-16-2008 09:58 PM

Maybe I spoke too soon. I was disconnected by "remote party". Does this mean Sprint saw something they didn't like and killed my session?

Gilliland 03-16-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach30SiR (Post 214497)
Those of you running Sprint ROMs should navigate to the following registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing" and delete the string value named "Extension". This will allow you to connect to the Internet via the Internet Sharing app without the dreaded error 67/authentication errors.

I tried this in the hope that it might also fix the Error 67 that I get when trying to connect over DUN. Unfortunately, that one persists even with the Extension removed.

babair 03-19-2008 08:39 AM

ok i just read over this board and i realized that i have the internet charing program on my phone and am actually using it rigt now.. my question is is sprint going to pick up on this and charge me for the phone as modem plan.??? i havent applied any of the reg tweaks or hacks just figured id try it out and am using usb and phone as modem in the internet sharing program. i just ran a speed test at 8:38am eastern and got these speeds.... so my question is will i be charged for a phone as modem or do i have nothing to worry about?

Your current bandwidth reading is:

264.26 Mbps

which means you can download at 33.03 MB/sec. from our servers.

tech 03-19-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babair (Post 222960)
ok i just read over this board and i realized that i have the internet charing program on my phone and am actually using it rigt now.. my question is is sprint going to pick up on this and charge me for the phone as modem plan.??? i havent applied any of the reg tweaks or hacks just figured id try it out and am using usb and phone as modem in the internet sharing program. i just ran a speed test at 8:38am eastern and got these speeds.... so my question is will i be charged for a phone as modem or do i have nothing to worry about?

Your current bandwidth reading is:

264.26 Mbps

which means you can download at 33.03 MB/sec. from our servers.

i would love to see those speed on rev a but cant yet ur speed site is broken try speedtest.net one day we will see those speeds from sprint:headbang::headbang:

babair 03-19-2008 09:04 AM

lol yea i know but do you think sprint will na me if im using my phone as a modem that way with no hacks or reg tweaks?

tech 03-19-2008 09:07 AM

ive been using it for the past month on phone as a modem ans till no chrage actulay sprint olds me 35 dollrs lol